WONK premiere the music video for the first Japanese song "Umbrella" from the new album "artless"
If you write the contents roughly
A unique band of players / producers / engineers whose members are active in the fields of soul, jazz, hip hop and rock.
WONK will release their first album "artless" in 2 years on May 5th (Wednesday).The first Japanese song "... → Continue reading
Virgin Music Label & Artist Services
Virgin Music Label & Artist Services is a partner that provides independent artists and labels with the latest features from sales to marketing, and has the most experience and achievements in the world. It is a global label service with.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
hip hopIs a black culture centered on music, dance and fashion, with roots in the block party held in the Bronx district of New York in the 1970s. In the 80s, hip-hop was said to have three major elements.DJ,Break dance,GraffitiIs its component.But now, as a musicianMCIt is said to be the four major elements including.Hips mean jumping, hops jumping, and so on.
If you just call it "hip hop"sampling,PressOn the back track ofMCbyWrapSometimes it refers to music with, but these are correct to call hip-hop music or rap music.The original hip-hop is the addition of "breakdance" and "graffiti".In hip hop, rap (MC), DJ play, break dance, and graffiti are called the four main elements.
These are americanStreet gangIt is said to be related to culture, and in order to end the conflict bloodlessly, breakdance and rap were contested as an alternative to guns and violence.For rap, DJ play, and breakdance, there is also a confrontation method called freestyle battle.After that, hip-hop culture spread not only to the birthplace of America, but also to dance breakdance, see graffiti as art, and influence fashion, and the hip-hop culture spread to Europe, America, Japan and other countries around the world.
to thisAfrica Bambatta"Knowledge" added by the five elements, andKRS OneAdvocated byBeat box"And street culture "language", "clothing"," including the "entrepreneurship" is called the nine major elements.
There are various theories about the origin, but in generalthe 1970sBorn inCool hark(Break beatsInventor),Grandmaster flash[Note 1](scratchDisseminating technology),Africa BambattaWith the success of DJs (the creator of the word hip-hop) and others, it has begun to spread as music that goes beyond the block parties up until then.
Tune and dance,FashionStyles, etc.Old school(Old School, late 1970s-early 1980s),Called (New School, since the 1990s).Old School rappers include Grandmaster Flash, Tricharas Three and Super Wolf There was a problem. Late 1980s-especially because the early 1990s was the heyday of rapGolden age hip hopSometimes called.Rap in the mid-80s in JapanMiddle schoolSometimes referred to as (Middle School).For middle school rappersRun-DMC, LL Cool J, UTFO, Houdini and others.
Public Enemy and BDP albums hinted at the emergence of social awareness. In the 1980s, hip-hop also accepted the creation of rhythms using the human body through beatboxing vocal percussion techniques.The pioneer was Doug E. Fresh.Doug E. Fresh and Biz Markie used their mouths and voices and other body parts to create beats and rhythms.These are called "human beatboxes," and artists in this genre sang and imitated the sounds of turntablistic scratches and other instruments.
The advent of music videos has changed entertainment.They often praised the urban neighborhood. The "Planet Rock" music video featured hip-hop musicians, graffiti artists, and B-boy subcultures. Between 1982 and 1985, many hip-hop movies were screened, including "Wild Style," "Beat Street," "Crash Groove," Breakdance, and "Documentary Style Wars." In 1980, some of the world's youth embraced hip-hop culture.Hip-hop fashion has become popular in the American urban community.Run-DMC[Note 2]Not only that, Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Dr. Dray and others also loved it. goldChainAccessoriesAndJerseyとsneakersEtc. were seen.Then Public Enemy and KRS1Boogie Down Productions and more have appeared.
New School Rap was popular from the late 80's to the early 90's.For New School rappersDe la soul[Note 3],A Tribe Cold Quest, Leaders of the New School. Fashion issilverWas in fashion.In addition, some artists chose large-sized clothes and buggy-style pants (large-sized dub trousers) and wore them on their waists.It is said that the reason why people started to wear large clothes is that if they provide children with larger clothes, they do not have to buy new clothes even if they grow up.
As another categorization, it is the birthplace of hip-hop from the birthplace of artistsニ ュ ー ヨ ー クSuch asUS East CoastEast Coast Sound inLos AngelesSuch asUS West CoastThere is a way to divide by region, such as the West Coast Sound (West Side) in.New York rapjazzSome songs use tracks, while the early West Coast sounds were centered around Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.G FunkCalled,P funkAnd so on,synthesizerI put a gangsta rap on a truck that incorporates electronic sounds such as.In recent years, local sounds called South (South) and Midwest (Midwest) have also appeared.South tracks feature bounce beats.With the popularity of hip-hop, gangsta rap has emerged on the east coast.
the 1990sRepresenting the East Coast from aroundDiddy(Puff Daddy),Notorious BIGRepresenting the West Coast with Bad Boy EntertainmentDoctor dre[Note 4], Snoop dog,2 packArtists on both coasts threatened and hurt each other, as symbolized by the confrontation with the Death Row label to which they belong (originally from the East Coast, but the place of activity at its peak was West). matched.Those contents also appeared in the lyrics of rap, and developed into assaults, attacks, and shootings involving gangsters.This east-west conflict had the disastrous consequences of losing both Tupac Shakur, a famous rapper representing both coasts, in a shooting incident.The conflict has since subsided, with the exception of beef between individuals.
Hip-hop music history
- See here →Hip-hop music history
Representative record label
A unique Japanese expression for hip-hop in the mid-1980s.In the United States, it is sometimes called Golden Age Hip Hop.
De La Soul, Leaders of New School, etc.
Ed OG & Da Bulldogs and Main Source.
It is a genre that refers to gang activities and criminal activities, and the radical content of the lyrics often causes controversy.Hardcore hip hopAlmost synonymous with.
Also known as Southern Hip Hop.Master P[Note 6], Three 6 mafia etc.
A genre that has risen mainly among Mexican immigrants.Kid frost[Note 7], Meloman Ace, etc.
Ragga Hip Hop/dance hall
Shabba Ranks, Beenie Man, Shaggy, Sean Paul and others were active.
- B Boy
- "B-Boy" means a person who breaks and a boy who breaks through.Break dancerAlso refers to.This word is said to have been coined by DJ Kool Herc, at block parties, etc.Break beatsIt originates from the fact that the dancer who starts dancing when she plays "Break-Boy" or "B-Boying" is called. Detail isB BoySee.
- Hip hopper
- In Japan, the word "hip hopper" is interpreted as "a person who is absorbed in hip-hop culture."But,KRS OneAccording to the above, it originally refers to "a person who has all four major elements of hip-hop and is like a hardcore hip-hop grower."
Hip hop related movies
*The mark is a Japanese theater unpublished work
- Wild style(1982)
- Beat street[Note 11](1984) *
- Style Wars (1984) *
- Break dance - Breakin ' (1984)
- Break Dance 2 / TKO with Boogal Beat! - Electric-Boogaloo Is Breakin' 2 (1984)
- Crash groove (1985) *
- Tougher Than Leather (1988) *
- Do The Right Thing(1989)
- House party (1990)
- House Party 2 (1991)
- New Jack City (1991)
- Boyz n the Hood (1991)
- Poetic Justice (1993)
- Tears full of pockets - Menace II Society(1993)
- Beat of Dunk- Above the rim (1994) *
- Jason's Lyric (1994)
- Murder Was The Case (1994)
- House Party 3- (1994)
- Crockers - Clockers (1995)
- Friedy (1996)
- Slum- Slam (1998)
- Romeo Must Die - Romeo Must Die (2000)
- Training day - Training Day (2001)
- Save the Last Dance- Save The Last Dance (2001)
- South Central LA- BABY BOY(2002)
- Brown sugar - Brown Sugar (2002) *
- You Got Served- You Got Served (2003) *
- Black diamond- Cradle 2 The Grave (2003)
- Dance Revolution- Hunny (2003)
- Clips- Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story (2004) *
- Hustle & Flow “Hustle & Flow” (2005)
- Spirit Boxing- Shackles (2005) *
- Coach carter - Coach Carter (2005)
- Get Rich or Die Tryin - Get Rich or Die Tryin ' (2005)
- ATL- ATL (2006) *
- Straight Outta Compton Straight Outta Compton (2015)
- ^ In 79, he released his work on Enjoy Records, and in 82, "The Message" became a hit with more than 50 copies in the New York area alone.
- ^ "Walk the Way" was a big hit.
- ^ In 89, "Me, Myself & I" became an R & B hit.
- ^ "Nassin Bat a G Sang" in 92 was a hit in 93.
- ^ It is said that 82 copies of "The Message" were sold around NY in 50.
- ^ In 97, "I Miss My Homey" became a crossover hit in pop.
- ^ In 90, "La Rasa" became a human.
- ^ Originally named Luke Skywalker, he was renamed Luke due to complaints.
- ^ The song has been banned from broadcasting.
- ^ He was shot dead in 2018.He is 20 years old.
- ^ Afrika Bambaata and others appear.
- ^ http://www.discogs.com/ja/artist/17531-Afrika-Bambaataa
- ^ Nelson George. Hip Hop America. ISBN 978 – 0143035152
- ^ Chang, Jeff; DJ Kool Herc (2005). Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation. Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-312-30143-9 .
- ^ https://www.allmusic.com/artist/super-wolf-mn0000751273 | title = Super Wolf
- ^ Augustin K. Sedgewick (November 2002, 11). “Run-DMC Call It Quits”. Rolling Stone. 2015/4/9Browse.
- ^ “Pop / Jazz; Rap Leads to Respectability and Academia for KRS-One (Nov. 17, 1989)”. The New York Times 2019/5/20Browse.
- ^ Jason's Lyric Retrieved February 2022, 2
- Hip-Hop Generation [New Edition]: Jeff Chan, DJ Cool Hark by Rittor Music
- HIP HOP: Darth Raider, Shinko Music
- Wrap Year Book: Ice T