All Nippon Airways domestic automatic check-in machine will be removed by the end of next fiscal year
If you write the contents roughly
If you can't use the app, you can still check in face-to-face.
All Nippon Airways is now able to make reservations for domestic flights and check-in with a smartphone app, so it can be used at airports nationwide ... → Continue reading
TBS NEWS DIG
Digging up, exploring, and discovering news-News site "TBS NEWS DIG" that brings together the collective strengths of XNUMX JNN affiliated stations
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
To board an aircraft,Airline ticketIn addition to purchasingboarding passIs required. On each day of the airportAirlinesAt the check-in counter or automatic check-in machine of, check in online before the day.
- Confirmation of Tickets-Present the tickets you have already purchased.2010Since then, airlines have abolished paper tickets,Electronic ticketSwitched to (e-ticket). Therefore, at the time of booking電子 メ ー ル(E-ticket reservation),passportUsed at the time of purchaseCredit cardTo present.
- Seat Confirmation-More and more airlines are able to specify a seat when making a reservation, but this is when the final confirmation will be made. You can also change your seat here at the time of booking. SomeCheap airlineThen, there are also non-reserved flights.
- Issuing boarding pass-Receive the issued boarding pass. Boarding gates, boarding times, seats, etc. are printed. After that, security inspection,Departure examination(International flights), must be presented at the boarding gate.
- Mileage serviceProcedure-You can add miles by presenting your mileage card. You can also present a mileage card of a different airline than the one you board, and you can add miles to it (partner airlines and the sameAviation unionIs the premise).
In addition, the following procedures may be performed at the check-in counter on the day of the event. These are necessary procedures for boarding, but in the strict sense, they are not included in boarding procedures (check-in).
- Identification -Passport on international flights, but on domestic flightsNational uniform number systemPassport or officialIdentification, Or omittedCountryThere is also (sometimes check at the departure gate).
- Confirmation of immigration status of final arrival country-on international flights, ifLack of entry qualificationIf you are denied entry by the airline, you will have to repatriate to the country of departure at the cost of the airline on your entry, sovisaCheck for.
- Check Baggage-Check in your checked baggage here if you have one. If the weight or size of your baggage exceeds the default here, you will be charged an additional fee. It will also be ready to unload checked baggage from passenger aircraft in case the passenger does not board the flight.
- Check for infants not occupying a seat-Dedicated seats will be provided for the person.
- Passenger status confirmation- stroller,wheelchairPassengers,children-Senior citizens-handicappedBoarding support, etc.
If there is a connecting flight, the seat confirmation and boarding pass is issued together, so there is no need to carry out boarding procedures again at the connecting point. Generally, checked baggage is also arranged so that it can be transported to the final destination, but there are exceptions such as code share flights.
Once the boarding procedure is complete, you can proceed to the next step (usually a security check).
The need for boarding procedures
RegularAirline ticketIsAirlinesHaveRouteTo board a flightSecuritiesIn general, you can board any flight on the same route, and refunds are possible to some extent.However, flying an aircraft requires enormous expenditures such as fuel costs and crew allowances, so it is desirable for airlines to use equipment and personnel of the appropriate size as much as possible.
Therefore, for tickets sold at a discount, instead of discountingReservationThe flights to be boarded are linked in the form of, and there are restrictions and additional charges for refunds and flight changes.In this way, the airline company can grasp the number of passengers to some extent in advance, and can adjust the equipment and personnel.Also, the airlines are prepared for refunds and changes.OverbookingYou are authorized to accept bookings in.
Check-in essentially means making such a changeable ticket a manifestation of intent to board the flight.Therefore, no further refunds or flight changes are allowed in principle.Until boarding procedureSeat selectionThis is not possible because it is considered that the intention to board is not yet confirmed.
In recent years, by using online check-in, it is possible to check-in by the day before and there is an advantage that seats can be designated early, but it is necessary to consider the disadvantage that it cannot be canceled or changed.
The start time depends on the airport and airline, and generally starts 3 to 2 hours before departure. The deadline for most international flights is about 1 hour before departure. The deadline for domestic flights in Japan varies from 45 minutes before departure to 20 minutes before departure.
Automatic check-in machine
In recent years, an increasing number of airlines have installed "automatic check-in machines" that perform unmanned boarding procedures.Convenience store terminalsIt is very similar to and is located next to the check-in counter. Machines read passports (international flights), credit cards (domestic flights), mileage cards, etc., and a boarding pass is issued if a seat is designated on the display. This eliminates the need to line up at the counter without checked baggage.
The automatic check-in machine is installed by an airline (sometimes installed by an airport company such as Incheon Airport or Haneda Airport), so it cannot be used unless the airline of the flight to be used has installed it at that airport. Usually, in addition to major airports in the home country, they are often installed at overseas airports that have flights.
In addition, there are cases where cheap airlines carry out all procedures with automatic check-in machines or pay check-in at manned counters.
Automatic baggage deposit machine
An increasing number of airlines are installing "automatic baggage check-in machines" that automatically check in checked baggage according to automatic check-in machines.
Airline officialサイトIt is a service where you can check in at, and depending on the airline, you can check in from 24 hours to 72 hours before boarding. Is the boarding pass (or its voucher) issued on the official website and print it?SmartphoneYou can show it on the screen and bring it on the day of departure,ReconfirmIs unnecessary.
The printed matter may be presented at the check-in counter and must be exchanged for a real boarding pass, or the printed matter may be used as a boarding pass as it is. Also note that even the same airline may respond differently depending on the airport..
Electronic boarding pass
Following the digitization of airline tickets, the digitization of boarding passes (paperless) is also underway. Often referred to as a "mobile boarding pass," it has been increasing worldwide since around 2006.Mainly mobile phone screens overseas, but in JapanFeliCaWill replace the boarding pass. After completing online check-in in advance, when you arrive at the airport, you can board by simply holding them over the security checkpoint or the reader at the boarding gate, and you can skip boarding procedures (departure procedures for international flights are obviously required). There are often dedicated counters for checked baggage.
KLM Royal Dutch AirlinesとAir France,Lufthansa,Austrian Airlines,Scandinavian AirlinesThen, on your mobile phonePDAWe provide a service that you can board at. When you check in online on those mobile devices,2 dimensional barcodeAn email will be sent by the airline. This email becomes the boarding pass as it is. When boarding, hold the mail screen over the reader at the boarding gate. Not all airports can be used, but the major feature is that they also support international flights.
Air New ZealandThen,ISO / IEC 14443Standard thumb-sized non-contact IC card ("ePass")And a two-dimensional barcoded e-mail ("mPass") sent to a mobile phone, etc.There are two types available. Both are limited to domestic flights.
in Japan,JALIs "QuiC (JAL IC service)” (international flights from October 2010, 10),ANABut"SKiP service(Domestic flights), "CLICK mobile check-in" (International flights, from October 2010, 10). On the day of departure, mileage card (Mobile walletIncluded), orQR codeYou just have to take it with you (e-ticket paper or screen of a mobile phone, etc.).
Also, from April 2021Narita International Airport,Tokyo International AirportOf some airlinesFace recognition system"Face Express" using is planned to be introduced.This will allow you to walk through from check-in to the boarding gate without the need for a mobile phone or IC card (excluding immigration)..
Check-in counter outside the airport
Services that allow passengers to complete boarding procedures in the city in advance before going to the airport are spreading mainly in Greater China. There is no need to carry heavy luggage to the airport, and there is the advantage that you will not be caught in the congestion at the check-in counter at the airport.
- People's Republic of China
- Hong Kong - Airport Express Line OfHong Kong stationとKowloon StationThen.Hong Kong International AirportYou can check in and check-in baggage.
- Macau -At the Macau Ferry Terminal (Outer Port Passenger Tower), passengers departing from Hong Kong International Airport can check in. Available for passengers such as JAL and ANA.
- 深圳(Fukunaga)-At the Fukunaga Ferry Terminal in Shenzhen, passengers departing from Hong Kong International Airport can check in. Available for passengers such as JAL and ANA.
- Shenzhen,中山,Dongguan(Tormon),Zhuhai,Nansha -At these ferry terminals, passengers departing from Hong Kong International Airport can check in. Available for passengers such as JAL.
- Shenzhen-You can check in at the King Key Banner Center (Kyoki Hyakuno Hiroba) in the city. However, take a private bus to Hong Kong International Airport and from thereCathay Pasific Airlines,Cathay dragon airlines,Mandarin Airlines,China AirlineOnly when leaving Japan. You cannot store your luggage.
- Shanghai - Hongqiao StationYou can check in and check in your checked baggage at Hongqiao Tianchi, a shopping mall adjacent to. (Limited to some domestic flights departing from Hongqiao)
- Dalian -Automatic check-in machines installed at 14 locations including hotels in the city.China Southern AirlinesOnly for passengersDalian Zhoushuizi International AirportBoarding procedures are available.
- Beijing - Beijing Subway Daoxing Machine LineKusabashi StationThen,Beijing Daxing International AirportBoarding procedures for domestic and international flights departing from are available.
- Taiwan(Republic of China）
- Taipei - Taoyuan Machine Shop OfTaipei StationThen on the dayTaoyuan International AirportDepartChina Airline,Mandarin Airlines,EVA Air,Uni airPassengers can check in. In addition to the above 4 companies, from November 2018, 11Cathay Pasific Airlines,Hong Kong Dragon Airlines,Air Asia,AirAsia X,AirAsia PhilippinesAlso available.. Procedures are possible regardless of whether or not you use Taoyuan Kijo.
- New north -With Taoyuan Machine ShopLoop lineTo connectNew Taipei Industrial Park StationAt the same time as the opening of the circular line (January 2020), it became possible to check in for 1 Taiwanese companies, China Airlines, EVA Air, Mandarin Airlines, and Uni Airways..
- South Korea
- Seoul - Konan ward OfCoex mallAdjacent toSouth Korea AirportThen,Incheon International AirportDepartKorean Air,Asiana Airlines,Jeju AirlinesIn addition, boarding and departure procedures are possible only for passengers of some foreign airlines.Central CityThe check-in counter that was there was abolished. Also,Incheon International Airport RailwaySeoul StationHowever, Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, Jeju Air, departing from Incheon International Airport,Tway Airlines,Easter air,Jin AirBoarding and departure procedures are possible. However, it is limited to passengers using the airport railway direct train.
- Incheon - Grand Hyatt IncheonYou can check in for Korean Air flights departing from Incheon International Airport. However, baggage must be checked in at the airport check-in counter.
- Light - KTXGwangmyeong StationOn January 2018, 1, the third city center airport terminal opened in Japan. Depart Incheon International AirportLCCAllows boarding and departure procedures for Korean airlines including. At the same time, a direct airport limousine bus service has also started, and the time required from the region to Incheon Airport is expected to be shortened compared to the current case of passing via Seoul/Yongsan Station..
- Kingdom of Thailand
- Hawaii -At Waikiki Resort Hotel,Daniel K. Inouye International AirportDepartKorean AirCheck-in is possible. However, baggage must be checked in at the airport check-in counter.
- Guam -T Galleria Guam by DFSAt the Tumon Central Air Terminal (TCAT) inside,Antonio B. Won Pat International AirportDepartUnited airlinesCheck-in and checked baggage allowance on some flights.
- Currently,Haneda Excel Hotel TokyuThere are only JAL and ANA domestic automatic check-in machines installed. Checked baggage cannot be checked.
- Previously, there was a counter where you could check in for international flightsTokyo City Air Terminal,Yokohama City Air Terminal,Hotel Nikko Narita,Kyoto City Air Terminal,Osaka City Air Terminal,Nankai Namba Station,Kobe City Air Terminal, A domestic flight check-in counterMonorail Hamamatsucho City Air Terminal, Yokohama City Air Terminal,KeikyuShinagawa Station,Haneda Airport Domestic Terminal Station(Terminal 2 exit),Sapporo Station,Hakata StationIt was installed in (only for automatic check-in machines installed at railway stations), but users do not grow as much as overseas,American terrorist attacksIt was removed due to the strengthening of security in each country and the spread of online check-in.
- Narita ShinkansenIn the plan,Tokyo StationThere was a plan to set up a check-in counter in and to carry the luggage deposited there with the luggage car installed in the Shinkansen vehicle. Then it is the de facto successor train of this planNarita ExpressHowever, a similar plan was made, but the implementation was finally postponed.
- JR West Japan,Nankai Electric RailwayThen, Kansai Access Train (Limited Express "HALCA"・Kansai Rapid・ExpressRapid")so,Osaka City Air Terminal,Namba CAT,Kyoto StationThe company carried out a service to carry the luggage checked in at the luggage room in the vehicle, but "Haruka" and "Rapeto" were strengthened by the aforementioned security in 2002 and 2001, respectively, and the latter was sluggish. In 1998, each was abolished, and in the latter, the luggage compartment was restored to the guest room.
The United States of AmericaThen,American terrorist attacks,Delta Aircraft Bombing Terrorist Attempt CaseAs a result, passenger security inspections have become stricter. In 2010,terrorismCollation of information with passenger list, enhancement of explosives detection system, latestImage processingTechnology (Millimeter wave passive imaging device,Backscatter X-ray inspection system) Is being monitored.
- ^ Online check-in Emirates Airlines
- ^ Check-in from mobile phoneKLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- ^ Mobile check-in from Air FranceAir France
- ^ Mobile Boarding Pass-Valid on many routes.Lufthansa
- ^ Mobile boarding passAustrian Airlines
- ^ SAS Mobile Boarding PassScandinavian Airlines
- ^ American Airlines Expands Mobile Boarding Service for US ExtensionsAmerican Airlines June 2009, 6
- ^ ePassAir New Zealand Limited
- ^ mPassAir New Zealand Limited
- ^ New boarding procedure "One ID" using face recognition technology starts at Narita AirportNarita International Airport
- ^ Boarding procedure "Face Express" using face recognition technology begins in Narita and HanedaNarita International Airport
- ^ Cathay Pacific Airlines launches check-in service in Shenzhen.Hong Kong Navi 2009-06-04
- ^ Automatic check-in machines at XNUMX locations in the city = aiming at alleviating congestion at the airport-Zhoushuizi International AirportKobe Port Shanghai Office 2010-03-16
- ^ (Traditional Chinese)捷市區 Depositor's Climbing Machine Newly-added Kokutaita, etc.2018-11-15, TVBS
- ^ (Traditional Chinese)"Passenger car on January 1st of the Ring Road Line A31 station”. United Daily News (January 2020, 1). April 2020, 1Browse.
- ^ South Korea Airport
- ^ Seoul Station City Airport Terminal
- ^ Newly established KTX Gwangmyeong Station city center airport terminalKBS World Radio 2015-10-15
- ^ Flight Check-In at KL Sentral -KLIA Ekspres
- ^ Check-in at partner hotels
- ^ "Guam Check-In Facility and Airport Updates | United Airlines”. United Airlines. April 2019, 4Browse.
- ^ Strengthening inspection system for passengers on US and arriving flights Utilizing real-time information(AFP.BB.News April 2010, 4) Read February 3, 2012