Participants running while picking up trash
SDGs sports in Zama "Prokka" to pick up trash by jogging Ebina City, Zama City, Ayase City
If you write the contents roughly
We also collect oversized garbage dumped under the stairs of the pedestrian bridge.
A new sport "plogging" to pick up trash while jogging was held in Zama City on October 10th, and 24 people ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
waste(Haikibutsu, Waste) are items that are no longer needed and are subject to disposal, and items that have already been disposed of and are of no value.
Definition of waste
Basel Convention"Waste" as used in the above term means a substance or object that has been disposed of, is intended to be disposed of, or is obliged to be disposed of under the provisions of domestic law..
Law on waste disposal and cleaning(Waste Disposal Law)Article 2According to, "waste" means "Garbage, Oversized garbage, cinders,Sludge, Manure, waste oil, waste acid, waste alkali, animal carcasses and other filth or unwanted material, solid or liquid (radioactive material and contaminated by it)Radioactive wasteexcept for) ”Industrial wasteとGeneral wasteIt is roughly classified into two categories.
Here, the interpretation of "waste" is that it is no longer needed because the occupant cannot use it or sell it to another person for a fee. notificationIt is judged that the valuable material is not waste.
Judgment of waste applicability
Waste refers to waste that is no longer needed because the occupant cannot use it for himself or transfer it to another person for a fee. Judgment should be made by comprehensively considering the normal handling form, the presence or absence of transaction value, and the intention of the occupant.
- Property properties: Satisfy the quality required for the intended use, and there is no risk of problems in the preservation of the living environment such as scattering, outflow, and generation of foul odors..
- Emissions: Emissions are systematic in line with demand and are properly stored and quality controlled before and during emissions..
- Normal handling form: A market as a product is formed, and cases where it is treated as waste are not usually recognized..
- Presence or absence of transaction value: The transaction has been transferred for a fee between the occupant and the other party of the transaction, and the transaction is economically rational from an objective point of view.In the actual judgment, regardless of the name, there is no receipt of money equivalent to the processing fee, and even if the transfer price competes with the product and various expenses such as transportation costs, it is a reasonable amount for both parties as a commercial activity. To be.
- Intention of the occupant: As the intention of the occupant, which can be reasonably recognized from the objective factor, the intention to use it appropriately or transfer it to another person for a fee is recognized, or the intention to leave or dispose of it is not recognized. matter.
- It means a state of being left untidy for a long period of about XNUMX days or more..
Under the Basel Convention, "treatment" of waste refers to the collection, transportation and disposal of hazardous waste or other waste, including the ex post facto management of the disposal site..
Collection and transportation of waste
"Since the amount borne by the discharger is lower than the waste treatment cost and the fee is not borne according to the amount of waste, the discharger has no incentive to reduce waste."Environmental economicsFrom this idea, garbage is charged in various parts of Japan.Incineration plantorFinal disposal siteIf is far awayTransfer stationUse (transfer facility).
How to dispose of waste
Waste disposal site
Although the current disposal site is in short supply, new locations are difficult as it is called the NIMBY (Not in my backyard) problem, and there are issues such as more appropriate maintenance and consensus building.
FreeganThere is a movement to recycle waste and live.
Statistics on waste
Nearly 9% of Japan's waste comes from industry.
- Amount of waste in 30
Landfill wasteFinal disposal siteThe number of remaining years has been increasing slightly since 26, but the number of final disposal sites is generally decreasing, and it is still difficult to secure final disposal sites.As of the end of 30, there are 1,620 final disposal sites for general waste (including 12 new facilities during the first year of Reiwa, including 9 facilities before operation), and a residual capacity of 99,507 thousand m3. Since then, it has been around 28 million m1.The national average of the remaining years is 3 years, and it has been on a slight decrease since 21.4.Regarding the situation of the remaining years in the metropolitan area,Capital AreaThen in 26.2,Kinki areaThen it was 19.4.
In addition, a large amount of food waste is often a problem.Food waste amounted to 30 million tons in FY1,765 from the project, of which the amount considered to be edible (non-standard products, non-standard products, unsold products, leftover food) was 324 million tons, about 18.4. Occupied%.In addition, the amount finally disposed of by incineration, landfill, etc. was 340 million tons.In the case of households, the amount of swill is 766 million tons, of which the amount considered to be edible (leftovers, excessive removal, direct disposal) is 276 million tons, which is about 36.0% of that of business-related businesses. The ratio is high.In addition, the amount finally disposed of by incineration / landfill was 710 million tons, and the ratio of direct incineration / landfill was higher than that of business-related businesses.And, the amount of waste from business and household food is 2,531 million tons, of which XNUMX million tons are thrown away even though they can be eaten originally.Food lossWas estimated to be about 600 million tons..
- ^ a b Basel Convention (Japanese) Ministry of the Environment, Viewed May 2017, 1.
- ^ Radioactive wasteIt is,Radioisotope Regulation Law,Specified radioactive waste final disposal methodBecause it is regulated byWaste treatment methodIt is out of the scope of.
- ^ "Points to note regarding the operation of the Waste Disposal and Public Cleansing Law". Ministry of the Environment. 2017/5/27Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f "(PDF)". Ministry of the Environment (September 2013, 3). 2017/5/27Browse.
- ^ "Proper disposal of used tires piled up in the open". Ministry of the Environment. 2017/5/27Browse.
- ^ a b c d "About the discharge and treatment status of industrial waste (FY30 results)”. Ministry of the Environment (August 2021, 3). 2021/4/1Browse.
- ^ a b c "About discharge and treatment status of general waste (FY30)". Ministry of the Environment (September 2020, 3). 2021/4/1Browse.
- ^ "Discharge and treatment status of general waste (first year of Reiwa)". Ministry of the Environment (September 2021, 3). 2021/4/1Browse.
- ^ "Announcement of estimated values (30) of the amount of food waste and food loss in Japan". Ministry of the Environment (September 2021, 4). 2021/5/6Browse.
- Masaaki Osawa, "Modern Garbage Problems Read in Charts," Japan Environmental Sanitation Center, 2006.
- Garbage problem
- Drifting garbage
- Waste solid fuel
- Waste power generation
- Waste treatment method
- Final disposal site
- Law on Promotion of Reduction of Food Loss