Concerned about worsening inflation outlook, decided to raise interest rates significantly = FOMC agenda
If you write the contents roughly
The agenda does not address the risk of a recession, but rather has data showing that US gross domestic product (GDP) is "expanding this quarter," and the employment market is still tight.
[Washington, XNUMXth Reuters] – The Federal Reserve Board (FRB) announced on the XNUMXth, June XNUMX-XNUMX, the Commonwealth ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Recession(keikikotai) andrecession(British: recession) IsBusiness cycleOf the aspects ofBusinessIs descending. Depending on the idea of the business cycle, there is an idea to divide one cycle into two phases (expansion period, recession period) and four phases (boom, recession, recession, recovery), but the recession when considering the two phases Recession and recession when considering the four phasesCorresponds to this.
A recession is, as mentioned above,BusinessIs descending. The one in worse conditionrecession(Recession), Which is a more familiar term in general. To be in a more serious situationpanicSay.
The definition of recession varies depending on the way of thinking, but there is no clear definition in Japan... In addition, there are the following definitions.
- traditionalMacroeconomics(technical recession)
- The substance of a country during the yearGDPDecreased for two consecutive quarters or more (compared to the previous quarter).EuropeSo we have adopted this as the definition of recession.. (However, this is not a very common idea in Japan).
- National Institute of Economic Research
- When a decline in significant economic activity has spread throughout the economy and has continued for more than a few months.
In the United States, the 1947 technical recession was not classified as a recession, but there have been 1949 technical recessions between 2021 and 10., all classified as recessions.Conversely, recessions without technical recessions between 1947 and 2021 were 1960 and 2001 (IT bubble) twice (although not consecutively, negative real GDP growth occurred multiple times in both cases).
economistGiuriano and Spirinbergo empirically show that their youthful recession experience influences their values, based on American data... Whether or not they experience a recession between the ages of 18 and 25 will have a major impact on their values, which they say will hardly change with age..
- ^ However, it may also refer only to retreat.
- ^ a b "Recession"-Encyclopaedia Britannica Subitem Encyclopedia, 2014, Britannica Japan.
- ^ How recession is defined in Europe
- ^ Real Gross Domestic Product (A191RL1Q225SBEA) | FRED | St. Louis Fed
- ^ US Business Cycle Expansions and Contracts | NBER
- ^ Has the US entered a recession?Controversy overheating, average 7 months for judgment: Nihon Keizai Shimbun
- ^ a b Fumio Otake, “Competition and Fairness-The Real Merit of Market Economy” Chukoron Shinsha <Chukou Shinsho>, 2010, p.18.
- ^ Norihisa Iwata, "Research on the Showa Depression," Toyo Keizai, Inc., 2004, p.