U.S. durable goods core orders slow down to 4% in April, lower than expected
If you write the contents roughly
"Manufacturers have enough backlog to fully rotate the factory even if demand slows down, and soaring labor costs and limited labor force make companies demand labor-saving technology, and demand for equipment. I will support you. "
[Washington, XNUMXth Reuters] – Private capital investment in the April durable goods order statistics released by the US Department of Commerce on the XNUMXth ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Manufacturing industry(Seizo Gyo,British: manufacturing industry) Is the raw material etc.machiningByProductThe生産・ In the industry we provideMining-Construction industryと と も にSecondary industryIt is a major field that constitutes.
IndustrialEven more inHeavy industryからlight industryIt shows a wide range of distribution depending on the industrial structure of each country, and is generally a major position in economic activity.
- Need for capital
- Since the manufacturing industry processes and assembles raw materials to produce products, in addition to raw material costs, capital investment costs for factories and processing and assembly machines, new technologies, etc.Research and DevelopmentSome amount of money, etc.capitalNeeds a drop.
- Spillover effect
- Since raw materials and machinery and equipment are required to produce a product, if the production of a certain product increases, it will affect the production activities of other industries related to the product (spillover effect).This tendency becomes remarkable in products that require a large number of parts and large-scale factories, such as automobiles.Further by these industriesCapital investment TheMultiplier effectIncrease aggregate demand through.GDP What is the percentage of (GDP)?Tertiary industryThe reason why the movement of the manufacturing industry affects the economy is that it has a large spillover effect.
- Product production trends
- Long time agomass productionIn particular, it was the mainstream, but due to the influence of mobile orders and the diversification of personal hobbies, it is nowHigh-mix low-volume production (multi-item small sized production), for high value-added products生産Is becoming mainstream (as of 2005).
- Manufacturer brand recognition
- Manufacturing industryTertiary industryUnlikeProduct"I can see", "VisualizationBecause it is made, manufacturers of products that consumers often see, such as home appliances and automobiles (Manufacturer)ofbrandIs highly recognized by the general public.However, industrial machinery such as machine tools, electronic parts, materials such as chemicals, etc.Intermediate goodsWhen it comes to manufacturers, even if they have the top share in the world market, they are not well known to the general public.
in Japan's case
- Manufacturing industry in generalstatistics.calendar yearConducted annually on a base.Industry・ Items ・RegionAnother (Prefectures-special areaand市町村) Etc. Detailed statistics.However, it will take a long time from creation to publication.Ministry of Economy, Trade and IndustryThe results will be posted on the ministry's website.Prefectural-based products are also posted and announced on the homepages of each prefecture.
- Indices of industrial production
- Surveyed and announced monthly.Shows movements such as production, shipping, and inventory in the manufacturing industry by industry.Stock marketAn important statistical indicator that also affects.The most notable of these is the Mining and Industry Production Index.Under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
There are multiple classifications of the manufacturing industry depending on the purpose and purpose.Some of them are shown below.
Japanese standard industry classification
Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsIn the "Japan Standard Industrial Classification" stipulated by, "manufacturing industry" is regarded as "major classification" and belongs to the following.industryIs classified as an industry / industry included in the manufacturing industry as "middle classification".In addition, the classification was revised in 14, and the electrical machinery / equipment manufacturing industry was roughly divided into the following three industries: the electrical machinery / equipment manufacturing industry. With the revision of the classification in 3, the general machinery and equipment manufacturing industry was divided into the following three industries, the general machinery manufacturing industry, and the clothing and other textile manufacturing industries were integrated into the textile industry.
- GroceriesManufacturing industry
- Lunch box etc.Side dish, Industries that cook and manufacture canned foods, etc.
- Beverage-た ば こ-feedManufacturing industry
- Textile industry
- wood-Wood productsManufacturing industry (excluding furniture)
- Building materials Plywood Wood distribution Wood products Manufacturing Furniture manufacturing and sales Wooden mold manufacturing Natural wood decorative synthetic boards, etc.
- Furniture・ Equipment manufacturing industry
- This includes not only wooden furniture, but also seeds that make metal furniture such as office desks.
- pulp-paper・ Paper processed product manufacturing industry
- Print・ Similar business
- In addition to various printing industries, packaging material production, printing / bookbinding, printing and publishing are applicable.
- Chemical industry
- Petroleum products-coalProduct manufacturing industry
- PlasticProduct manufacturing industry (excluding separate listings)
- rubberProduct manufacturing industry
- leather・ Same product ・furManufacturing industry
- Ceramic industry・ Product manufacturing industry
- Steel industry
- Steel Stainless steel manufacturing.
- Non-ferrous metalManufacturing industry
- Mainly ferroalloy aluminum die cast alloy rolling industry Special electric wire manufacturing Special steel manufacturing and sales Precision sheet metal processing, etc.
- Manufacturing industry
- General-purpose machine manufacturing industry
- Production machine manufacturing industry
- Commercial machine manufacturing industry
- Electronic parts-device-Electronic circuitManufacturing industry
- ICな ど
- Electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing industry
- TelecommunicationsMachinery and equipment manufacturing industry
- Transportation machinery and equipment manufacturing industry
- Two-wheeled and four-wheeled vehicle parts and accessories Automobile parts Auto parts Automobile industry including automobile electrical components Automobile manufacturing Automobile body manufacturing
- Other manufacturing industries
Although the basic ideas of the following classifications often match, the scope of coverage differs depending on the report, etc., so it is necessary to pay attention to the annotations, etc.
- Three categories
- Material type
- Industries that produce products that are reintroduced into other industries, such as the steel industry, non-ferrous metal manufacturing industry, petroleum / coal product manufacturing industry, and chemical industry.
- Processing assembly type
- Produced in material-type industries such as the electrical machinery industry and the transportation machinery industrySemifinished productAn industry that produces products by processing and assembling based on.
- Life-related type
- Industries other than the above two.Includes food / tobacco, wood / wood product manufacturing, etc.
- Material type
- Upstream / downstream
- The manufacturing process of products is likened to the flow of a river, and the industry that manufactures raw materials is sometimes called the "upstream" industry, and the industry that processes and assembles using them is sometimes called the "downstream" industry.This name is not limited to the manufacturing industry. (Example) "The rise in crude oil prices has not penetrated" downstream "such as gas stations. Usage such as.
- Equipment industry (equipment industry)
- A general term for industries that require large-scale machinery and equipment, such as the petroleum product industry and the chemical industry.
PrefecturesIn another shipment valueAichi,Shizuoka,Kanagawa,Osaka,HyogoThere are many in this order.By industry, transportation machinery, general machinery, chemicals, foodstuffs, and electronic parts / devices account for more than 5% of the total in the top five industries..
The issue is that the IT technology of the small and medium-sized manufacturing industry, which supports most of the Japanese manufacturing industry, has not progressed.In particularEDI (Electronic Data Interchange)With regard to, less than half of the small and medium-sized manufacturing industries have EDI transactions and alliances with more than 1% of suppliers..
Review of industry classification
The industrial classification (industrial classification) of the manufacturing industry is subdivided, integrated, and moved according to the situation at that time and its importance to policy.For exampleJapanese standard industry classification Of2002/In the March revised edition, the electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing industry was split into three new industries: electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing, information and communication machinery and equipment manufacturing, and electronic parts and device manufacturing (in the middle category). Equivalent)1998/It was newly awakened in (10).
This is the so-calledIT revolutionBy the electrical machinery and equipment manufacturing industry in the manufacturing industry (Motor(Sometimes called industry) has increased, and it has become necessary to classify it in more detail.
Classification of similar industries
Even manufacturing industries that are likely to be classified in a similar way from a daily sense may belong to a completely different classification.For examplePrinting industryIs a manufacturing industry,News (Chinese)-Publishing TheTertiary industry(However, the newspaper / publishing industry was also the subject of discussion at the council, and there was a time when it was in the manufacturing industry).computerIs an information and communication machinery and equipment manufacturing industry,game machineIs another manufacturing industry (Cancer tool・ Become an exercise equipment manufacturer).Also,weaponFor types, dedicated items are provided in other manufacturing industries, for example.tank,FighterWill not increase the transportation machinery and equipment manufacturing industry.
The weapons manufacturing industry is a secret industry,GDPEtc. are estimated.
Close contact with culture
Takeshi Nakano TheMassachusetts Institute of TechnologyIn "Made in America" created mainly by (MIT), "Manufacturing industry, the strength of manufacturing is the strength of the country.PeopleSexcultureTaking as an example the fact that it is said to be inseparable from the above, the strength of the export industry of the Japanese manufacturing industry is closely related to Japanese culture. "In addition, "In order to develop the manufacturing industry, various cultural conditions such as diligence, habit of cooperating with people, spirit of frugality and willingness to invest for the future, and past accumulation are required. The standard of workers is high, and it is essential that they act enthusiastically and collectively. ".
|Ranking||Country and region||$ US (100 million)||Years|
|36||プ エ ル ト リ コ||49,757||2020|
|44||United Arab Emirates||36,727||2019|
|[How to use footnotes]|