Scholarships will be "paid for advancement" even in Japan !? Australian scholarships "HECS-HE ..." that will be repaid according to income
If you write the contents roughly
It will be interesting to see how the government will steer the scholarships and education system in the future.
HECS is an income-linked scholarship system adopted by Australia. → Continue reading
Financial Field publishes articles every day with the motto of "Solutions for questions and concerns about money are easy to understand." Financial fields can solve problems that are difficult to discuss, such as tuition, inheritance, loans, investment, insurance, etc.
Professionals such as financial planners, lawyers, certified public accountants, and tax accountants provide easy-to-understand news about user questions and the latest trends related to money.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
There are two types of scholarships, one is support for excellent academic research and excellent academic achievement.Benefit-type scholarshipIs.In some cases, school corporations, welfare corporations, companies, etc. have scholarships that are paid on the condition that they will be employed for a certain period of time after graduation...The other is to guarantee educational opportunities for those who are difficult to attend due to financial reasons, or to have a much lower interest rate than student loans from financial institutions. OfLoan-type scholarshipThere is.
Scholarships include the following.
- Merit base(Merit-based): Payment based on the student's academic, artistic, physical education, etc. evaluation.Extracurricular activities and community services may also be considered.
- Needs base(Need-based): The family situation of the individual student (for example)Public assistancePayment based on receipt).
- Student-designated type(Student-specific): Payment based on the student's personal circumstances, such as the applicant's gender, race, religion, family composition, and health status.Affirmative action).
- Carrier designation type(Career-specific); Provided by the educational institution for those who are planning to advance to a specific field / research area.
- Educational institution designated type (College-specific): Provided by the educational institution to students with excellent grades.
- Sports scholarship
Benefit scholarship (benefit type scholarship)
Benefit-type scholarships are a system established for the purpose of securing excellent students.In addition, some foundations, welfare corporations, companies, etc. provide benefit-type scholarships on the condition that they will be employed for a certain period of time after graduation..
Most of the scholarships are run by companies and local governments.Japan Student Services OrganizationBut there is a small amount of handling.From April 16National University CorporationWith the changeConvoyIs goneNational universityHowever, individual benefit scholarship systems are being developed (eg, ""Hitotsubashi University Academic Excellent Student Scholarship System","Kanazawa University Acanthus Scholarship SystemIn addition, the tuition exemption limit has increased significantly at national and public universities.
Employment insurance related
For a certain periodemployment insurance Those who have enrolled in the school can attend training schools including junior colleges such as nursery school teachers and vocational schools for free as vocational training.Furthermore, if certain conditions are met, it may be possible to continue receiving the basic unemployment insurance allowance while attending school.
A certain period before admission (in principle, 3 years or more)employment insurance Those who have joinedEducation and training benefit systemIf you enroll in a course designated by the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare (professional university, law school, graduate school for teaching profession, other training facilities, etc.) as the above education and training after satisfying the prescribed requirements, the entrance fee and tuition fee will be charged. You can receive a part.moreover,2025It is a time-limited measure until March 3, but if you meet the requirements such as being under 31 years old at the beginning of the course,Education and training support benefitsYou can receive (8% of the basic allowance for employment insurance).
Loan scholarships and delinquency rates by university level
By making the scholarship interest-free or with a low interest rate, it is possible to target a wider range of people to the scholarship project than in the case of the benefit type.The difference between low interest scholarships and educational loans is the interest and whether or not to start repayment during the period of enrollment.[Annotation 1], Interest on education loans in the countries with the lowest interest rates1/5 to 1/100 or less[Annotation 2]Can be rented at.. for that reason,"Ultra-low interest rate student loanThere is an analogy.
Toshihiko MaidaAccording to the professorBorder freeThe lower the university level, the higher the delinquency rate, especially for university graduates.According to a survey of scholarship repayment delinquency rates by university type, the lower the university rank, the higher the scholarship delinquency rate. He just forcibly comes in with a debt called a scholarship. "" After graduation, I can't return it and my life goes bankrupt. I'm inviting young people to this "death" course. ".
Japan Student Services Organization
From April 2004, 4, scholarship projects, international student support projects, student counseling projects, etc. will be integrated.Independent administrative agencyAs until thenJapan Student Services Organization,Ministry of education・ Part of the work of national universities,FoundationTaking over some of the duties of the Japan International Education Association, the Domestic and Foreign Student Center, the International Alumni Association, and the Kansai International Alumni Association,Independent administrative agencyJapan Student Services OrganizationBorn as.Regarding scholarship projects, it is one of the most popular scholarship programs. College of technology,Vocational schoolSpecialized course,University,Graduate Schools(Open UniversityEnrolled in correspondence universities and graduate schools)StudentLend a scholarship to.Scholarships are divided into types such as type XNUMX (interest-free) and type XNUMX (interest-bearing). Type XNUMX has stricter recruitment standards (scholastic ability, etc.), and type XNUMX is a condition (parent's). It will be adopted if it meets the annual income, etc.).
When repayment is difficult, you can reduce the monthly repayment amount or receive a repayment deferment by applying...In principle, the repayment grace period is up to 10 years, but if you are receiving disaster, illness, or welfare protection, you will be deferred if the condition continues...Also, if you are enrolled in a university during the repayment period, the refund deadline will be postponed by applying...In addition to being granted a repayment exemption in the case of physical and mental disabilities, there is also a full or partial exemption system for excellent persons who have received a first-class scholarship at the graduate school.During the time of the Japan Student Services Organization, there was an exemption system for those who got a job as a school teacher and worked for a certain period of time.
Scholarship delinquentsthe 1960sIt was already regarded as a problem at the time of1965In March (Showa 40), the firstEnforcementbySeizureWas done.Newspapers at the time described long-term delinquents as "with a tag.".. From 2009 (Heisei 21), delinquents for 3 months or moreNational Bank Personal Credit Information Center"Preventing the transition to multiple debt is extremely meaningful from an educational point of view."Credit informationWill be registered as.
In March 2015, the Japan Student Services Organization President's view on criticism of the Japan Student Services Organization scholarship was announced.Nikkei BusinessPublished through interviews withIn addition, in January 2016 (Heisei 28), a more detailed interview will be held.Toyo Keizai Inc.Published on the website of.
Universities with strong scholarship delinquency rate and repayment ability
The average scholarship delinquency rate by university announced by the Japan Student Services Organization in 2017 is 1.3%.The highest delinquency rate by university is 13.9%, and there are 5 universities with a delinquency rate of over 20%.[Annotation 3]..On the contrary, there are 2017 universities with a delinquency rate of 0 as of 41, mainly medical universities with strong "repayment ability"..
Skilled worker training fund system
Not under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and TechnologyVocational Development Collegeas well as the Public vocational capacity buildingStudents enrolled inTraineeIs not eligible for the Japan Student Services Organization scholarship loan.As an alternative to this, an incorporated administrative agencyEmployment/Skill Development OrganizationWas providedSkilled worker training fund systemHowever, it ended at the end of 2010.
For students enrolled before April 2009
Similar to the Japan Student Services Organization scholarship system, there are categories of Type 3 (interest-free) and Type XNUMX (interest-bearing, XNUMX% per year).The second type of target is in prefecturesVocational development school OfJapanese version dual system,Vocational Development Junior College OfSpecialized course, Prefectural Centers of the Employment and Human Resources Development Organization (Vocational Development Promotion CenterJapanese version of dual system, including Polytechnic University (including Polytechnic University)Research courseas well as the Applied Research Courseexcept for),Vocational Development CollegeSpecialized course andApplied course,Vocational Development Junior CollegeStudents and trainees enrolled in the specialized course of.
The first-class target persons are vocational ability development schools (excluding the Japanese version dual system) in prefectural governments, vocational ability development junior colleges, and prefectural centers (including vocational ability development promotion centers) in the Employment and Human Resources Development Organization. ) (Excluding the Japanese version of the dual system), students and trainees enrolled in the Vocational Ability Development College, the Vocational Ability Development College, and the Vocational Ability Development Junior College.
There are economic reasons and performance standards for loan conditions, but the first type targets particularly excellent students and trainees, and the second type has looser performance standards.The monthly loan amount is 18,200 yen to 85,000 yen (type 40,000) and 47,600 yen to XNUMX yen (type XNUMX) depending on the conditions.
The maximum return period for technician training funds is 16 years or less.Previously a specific profession (Vocational schoolThere was a system in which the return was postponed and exempted if the employee worked for a period longer than the designated period (such as the faculty and staff of the Polytechnic University), but it has been abolished now.
For students enrolled after April 2009
From April 2009, the first and second categories were abolished, and all interest-bearing (4% per year, but no interest while attending school) loan system was adopted.The target audience is vocational ability development schools and vocational ability development junior colleges in prefectural governments, and prefectural centers (including vocational ability development promotion centers), vocational ability development general colleges, and vocational ability in employment and ability development organizations. Students and trainees enrolled in Development College and Vocational Ability Development Junior College.The monthly loan amount is 3 yen to 18,200 yen depending on the conditions.
Expansion of technician training fund system
Regarding welfare benefits (enforced from January 2009) during the vocational training period under the Skilled Worker Development Fund System,Livelihood security benefits during vocational trainingchecking ...
Skilled person training fund loan system
It was established by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare in 2011 with the end of the technician training fund system.Labor unionYou can get a loan up to a certain amount with interest and unsecured. As of April 2011, the loan recipients and requirements for fiscal 2011 are that they are enrolled in a vocational ability development university or a public vocational ability development facility, and are recommended by the facility director when they are 4 years of age or older. Income is below the standard amount.The maximum loan amount is 18 yen (home student), 1 yen (outside home) for regular course trainees, 1 yen (home), 260,000 yen for specialized course, applied course, long-term course trainees, and students. (Outside home), research course students are 310,000 yen.The loan interest rate is 500,000% per annum and the repayment is limited to 590,000 years.
Ashinaga Scholarship Society
Scholarships for study abroad students
Outside JapanStudy abroadOften requires a large amount of money, and many students take advantage of scholarships. You can get an overview in the "Scholarship Pamphlet for Study Abroad".There are benefits and loans.
Publicly funded scholarships
Targeted at university students since 1964Sankei Scholarship(Sankei Shimbun,Fuji TelevisionEtc.), but the project was terminated in 1989.Also, the former competition de Francais (Asahi ShimbunSponsored by) is a foundation as of 2015Japan-French HallThe "Japanese-French Kaikan French Contest" sponsored by (sponsored by Asahi Shimbun, etc.) is not limited to students, but there are restrictions on application qualifications. From 2014Tobitate! Study abroad JAPANHas started.
Scholarship system implemented at national expense
It is a scholarship system operated by the government for a specific purpose.In either case, if you work for a certain period of time in a position designated by the competent ministry, you will be exempted from returning.Even if each ministry and agency has jurisdiction, the executing agency is often a prefecture, but the following systems are operated at national expense.bothJapan Student Services OrganizationAllows overlap with scholarships.
Lending student system by the Ministry of Defense
Self Defense Force ActIt is a system based on Article 98.There are technical lending students and hygiene lending students, and the technology isReason-engineeringSystem and hygienemedical-DentistryIt is intended for students of the system.Hiring is about a dozen people every year.
Not a scholarshipNational Defense Medical CollegeThen, if you refuse to be appointed after graduation or if you retire from the Self-Defense Forces within 9 years, you need to return the expenses until graduating from university (up to 5,021 million yen) to the national treasury, which can be regarded as an interest-free loan.
Orthodontic medical officer study fund loan system
Ministry of JusticeIt is a scholarship system under the jurisdiction.Various medical students after graduationCorrection facilityIt is intended for those who intend to work at.The loan amount is 15 yen a month.The target is after the third grade of medical schoolOrthodontistIf you do not work for a certain period of time, you need to return it.
Scholarship system by local government
Although there are many different system contents such as the contents of recruitment, the amount of scholarships, and the presence or absence of repayment, such as the prefectural level and the unit of municipality, there are many.MunicipalitiesThere is a system in.
Scholarship system by a private company
Private enterprisesScholarship system independently implemented by.Some are recruited all year round, some are suddenly recruited for a small amount, and some are scholarships limited to specific schools (eg: Toda Ikuei FoundationScholarships, etc.).
Scholarship system by newspaper company
Newspaper companybyNewspaper scholarshipIt is a scholarship loan / payment system called.Students can receive scholarships by engaging in newspaper delivery at retail stores during school.It is mainly carried out by newspaper companies in urban areas.Although it is called a scholarship, it is practically just a scholarship for the compensation in the labor contract.
United States scholarship
National Honor Society
National Achievement University Scholarship Examination
National Achievement University Scholarship Examination (National Merit,en: National Merit ScholarshipIn), successful applicants (finalists), semi-qualified persons (semifinalists), recommended students (commended students), etc. are selected, and a scholarship system is set up for those with excellent grades..
- ^ Including education loanloanInterest will be accrued from the day after borrowing.However, scholarships are exempt from interest during the period of enrollment.The scholarship will start repayment from the month after graduation, the month after borrowing for an education loan or student loan.
- ^ As of 2017, the interest rate for scholarships in Japan is 0.33% for the fixed method and 0.01% for the review method.The scholarship interest rate limit of 3%, which is misunderstood by educators in charge of admission consultation, is "the market in Japan.interest rateNo matter how much the interest rate rises, the interest rate will not exceed 3%. "
- ^ As of 2017, 5 universities have a delinquency rate of over 22%, including universities that have been closed or integrated and have stopped recruiting new students.
- ^ Japanese Language Dictionary, Digital Daijisen, University Encyclopedia, World Encyclopedia Reference, Personnel and Labor Term Dictionary, Encyclopedia Nipponica (Nipponica), Selected Edition.What is a scholarship?”(Japanese). Koto bank. 2022/7/9Browse.
- ^ a b Encyclopedia Nipponica (Nipponica) "Scholarship"
- ^ Daijirin XNUMXrd Edition "Scholarship"
- ^ a b Encyclopedia Nipponica (Nipponica), Chiezou mini, Digital Daijisen. “What is a benefit-type scholarship?”(Japanese). Koto bank. 2022/7/9Browse.
- ^ a b "Scholarships received by 4% of students are "ultra-low interest rate student loans" | Life & Money in the Age of XNUMX Years of Life | Seiichi Watanabe”(Japanese). Mainichi Shimbun "Economic Premier". 2022/7/9Browse.
- ^ "Japan's largest scholarship site "Gaxy"”(Japanese). Gaxis. 2022/7/9Browse.
- ^ Digital Daijisen. “What is a loan-type scholarship?”(Japanese). Koto bank. 2022/7/9Browse.
- ^ "College Scholarship”. School Grants Guide. 2012/5/28Browse.
- ^ About 1.6%
- ^ Scholarship points "Understanding scholarship interest correctly!"
- ^ Toshihiko Maita (April 2017, 4). “Data: Scholarship utilization rate / delinquency rate by university type ”.Data
- ^ When it is difficult to return
- ^ Reduced refund / return deadline postponement leaflet
- ^ Postponement of enrollment
- ^ "Forced execution of the second 40 people with a tag" "Nihon Keizai Shimbun" July 7, 18, page 15
- ^ Japan Student Services Organization Homepage Scholarships ＞ Frequently Asked Questions ＞ Scholarship Q & A-Personal Credit Information Institutions ＞ Why did the Japan Student Services Organization use personal credit information institutions in its scholarship system?
- ^ "Not registered in the credit information agency (not registered in the so-called blacklist)." Japan Federation of Bar Associations HOME> Activities of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations> Human rights protection activities> Earthquake reconstruction support | Nuclear accident> Information for members> Information for members-Detailed disaster loan About the exemption system (guidelines for private arrangement of individual debtors)
- ^ Scholarship President "Imagination that you only have to go to university" "Student debt of 1 trillion yen" is reflected in this country's distortion (above) March 2015, 3 (Thursday)
- ^ "Japan is an equal society that can go up depending on efforts" The top of the Japan Student Services Organization complains about criticism of the scholarship system January 2016, 01
- ^ Scholarship delinquency rate ranking-Is it the employment that affected you?
- ^ Zero scholarship delinquency rate Efforts of Sendai Shirayuri Women's University
- ^ "Scholarship for studying abroad". Study abroad support site.Japan Student Services Organization. 2015/11/2Browse.
- ^ To medical students --Orthodontic officer recruitment site
- ^ a b "Educational evaluation of other countries". Emerging publisher Keirinkan. 2020/11/29Browse.
- Keiji Kasagi "Tuition Exemption / Scholarship Guide to University / Graduate School / Leave / Study Abroad-A Way to Study at University with Zero Tuition" (2007, Diamond) ISBN 9784478970737
- Asian Student Culture Association "Scholarship Information for International Students (2005-2006 Edition)" (2005, published by Dobuntan) ISBN 9784495974497
- Hirokazu Ouchi "Scholarships Destroy Japan" (2017,Asahi Shinsho) ISBN10 4022737042
- Education loan --Some are from private financial institutions, public institutions, and non-profit organizations.
- Student loan
- Newspaper scholarship
- Fulbright Program
- Freeman Asian Scholarship
- Loreal-UNESCO Female Scientist Japan Encouragement Award
- World Bank Scholarship
- Ashinaga Scholarship Society
- Toda Ikuei Foundation
- Free education
- Education filter/Border free
- Study abroad
Education systemWhat is (educational education)?EducationIt is socially recognized as an organization composed of people and things systematically arranged to achieve the above purpose.In generalSchool systemUsed synonymously with, but in a broader senseSocial educationAnd education and finance are also included
Classification of education system
The education system is roughly divided into the following categories according to each way of thinking.
- By education level
- By educational purpose and content
- By target
- By type of education
- Full-time education
- Distance learning
- Broadcast educationな ど
- Public education
- Private education
- In-house education
- Continuing education
- Recurrent education
- Lifelong educationな ど
- ^ Toyo, Shinjo Okuda, Shigeo Kono, "School Education Dictionary", Kyoiku Shuppan, 1988, p. 106.
- ^ Yoshikiyo Konno, Ikuo Arai, Kunihiro Kojima, "New Edition School Education Dictionary", Kyoiku Shuppan, 2003, pp. 206-207.