Shikan Nakamura expects to rehearse Shakespeare's play "I still can't get it..." set in Japan
If you write the contents roughly
When asked about Shakespeare's plays set in Japan, Inoue replied, "I don't want to talk too much. When I come to see a play and think it's cool because there are comments from the director, what's that?" There are things like that,” he said, while revealing, “I have an image of Tohoku, mythology, and Tono Monogatari.”
A press conference to announce the production of the stage play "A Midsummer Night's Dream" was held in Tokyo on the 8th. → Continue reading
My Navi News
Mynavi News is a comprehensive information news site with more than 100 categories updated daily. It consists of the latest news and analysis reports and columns from a wide range of genres such as business, digital, lifestyle, and entertainment to niche categories such as management, technology, railways, and cars.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
He was a folktale collector and novelist from Tsuchibuchi village in the Tono region.Yoshiyoshi SasakiIt was published in the form of Yanagita writing and compiling the lore handed down in the Tono region, which was told by Mr. One work.JapanesefolkloreIt is a work that is also called the forerunner of.
Tono in Tono Monogatari, or Tono-go, in a narrow sense, is an old village during the feudal era in the Meiji era.Municipal systemorganized byTono,Matsuzaki,Twill,Tsuchibuchi,Attached horse cow,Kamigo, but in a broader senseKamiikai-gunMiyamori Village,Kamaishi, Kamihei-gunOtsuchi Town,Shimohei DistrictKawai VillageAdjacent areas such as.. ContentsA tengu,Kappa,Zashiki dojiな どApparitionfrom things related toMountain people,Mayohiga,God hidden,Near-death experience, or enshrined神It covers a wide range of things such as events and customs to honor it.
There are three manuscripts in the process of creation, and a calligraphy book that is a draft written in the form of writing down Sasaki's story each time. A clean copy made byThere were 3 episodes at the stage of the writing book, but 107 episodes were added at the stage of the fair copy, making it 12 episodes.Then, the first draft was printed based on the clean copy, and the first draft was reconsidered, and the completed book was made by revising the proper nouns that were partially omitted.These three manuscriptsNaganoSource ofHouse of RepresentativesMemberRyusuke IkegamiIn 1932, when he published a special issue of "Ishi" to commemorate the publication of "Ishigami Contest",Nobuo Origuchi,Kanesuke IchidaIt was given to Ikegami by Yanagida as a reward for giving Yanagita a specially packaged book with the signatures of them.From Ikegami's family in 1991 after his deathTono Citywas donated to theTono City MuseumIs keeping it.
Due to the response of "Tono Monogatari", in 10 (1935) published the "Tono Monogatari Supplementary Edition", which added 299 additional stories collected from various places.
Background to writing
According to "Tono Monogatari Shizome" and "Kizen Sasaki Sensei and His Achievements", Yanagita first met Kizen Sasaki through Hashu Mizuno in 41 (1908) June 11.It is recorded in Sasaki's diary that Mizuno visited Yanagita when Sasaki came home from school, accompanied him to visit Yanagida, and talked about Tono Monogatari.. On the 13th, Yanagida visited Sasaki's lodgings and added to the previous interview, and on the 18th, Mizuno and Sasaki visited Yanagita again and continued listening and writing until late at night.. Yanagida's letter to Sasaki dated 25th stated that he would like to meet on the 12nd after December, so Sasaki returned to Tono from January to March of the following year. It is also speculated from the article about the 'Haunted Party' held at Yanagida's residence on April 2, 1 that it would have been held several times, about once a month, until early summer..Although there is a discrepancy between the date and time of the preface and the facts, this was not due to a mistake in memory, but Yanagida thought that he wanted to position it after the publication of "Gokarishiki", which was in progress at the same time, although the details were unknown. is thought to be.
Exploring Tono in Yanagita
Kunio Yanagida first visited Tono on the night of August 42, 1909.. Sunday, August 8, at 22:11 p.m.(I.e.Departure from the coastAomoriYanagida, who got on the train bound, arrived on the 23rd.Hanamaki StationGet off atWe changed to a rickshaw and went through Yazawa village, Tsuchizawa, Miyamori, and then at a three-story wooden inn at the foot of the Sawada bridge in Masuzawa..In Tono, Yanagita stayed at Takazen Ryokan, borrowed a horse from his master, Zenjiro TAKAHASHI, and visited Yoshinori INA and Kizen SASAKI, and toured places related to the Nanbu family, but there are various theories about these dates. and there is no established theory.Here, for the sake of convenience, I will mainly explain the theory by Toshio Iwasaki.
On the morning of the 24th, I visited the Kamihei County Office near Nabekura Shrine, where I was given an explanation of the county and a map.Yoshiyoshi Sasakiaimed at home.Unfortunately, Kizen was absent because he was in Tokyo, and his adoptive mother, Ichi, and his aunt, Fukuyo, were at home..Returning about 1 km on the way we came, we visited the Kitagawa family and heard from Kiyo, and the next day, in place of Kiyo, his son Masumi, who was a teacher at Tsukeumaushi Elementary School, was to guide Yanagida to Tsukeumaushi..To the new mansion that eveningYoshinori Inobut Ino was absent.
On the 25th, Masumi Kitagawa guided Yanagita through Mt. Hayachinesan Road to Tsukuumaushi, and he visited Tsukiumaushi Town Hall in Kamiyanagi. After hearing about the origins and history of the horse cow, we were guided to the ruins of Tozenji Temple, one of the origins of Tsukumagyu..On the way back from Ishibane through Obukuro, at Sugawara ShrineDeer danceWitnessing the event being held, and feeling the traveler's emotions from the raised Mukaitoroge, he entered Shinobutoge..When I returned to the inn, I heard that Ino had come to visit me, but since it was twilight when I left Tsukiumaushi, it was presumed that I arrived at the inn at around 8 in the evening, so it was already late. I decided to rest for the day.
On the 26th, I visited Ino's house in Shinyashiki, who visited the inn the other day, and found research materials on Ino's Taiwan studies, and materials on Tono such as "Asonuma Kohaiki" and "Kujiki".Oshirasamaand the straw dolls of the Rain Wind Festival, or the folklore about yokai that have been passed down around Tono, and the way of life of the residents..
On the 27th, Ino went to Takazen Ryokan again and guided Yanagita to the residence of Baron Nanbu, where Chuhei Oikawa, who was in charge of the maintenance of the residence, and Kichijuro Suzuki, a local documentist, guided him to the old documents handed down in the Baron's family and the documents that have been handed down. I saw a treasure.After that, in the early afternoon, I boarded a rickshaw, crossed the Atago Bridge from Shimogumi-cho, crossed the Kotoge in Ayaori Village, and headed for Morioka on the Hizume Highway..Later, in "Contemporary Essays Complete Works", he wrote, "On the way homeYokoteFrom MoriokaAkitaand returned to Tokyo on the 31st..
In addition to the above theory, it is said that he first visited Ino on the 24th, the day after he arrived in Tono..When he visited the Sasaki family in Yamaguchi, he said, "It was time to leave Tsuchibuchi-mura Yamaguchi for Tsukeuma-ushi. There was a Nanbu-ko temple there, so I went to see it. I was just doing something like Shishi Odori." From the description in "Study and Iwate", it is speculated that he headed from Tsuchibuchi to Tsukiumaushi, and that the series of steps took place on the 25th..Considering Yanagida's position at the time, it was unnatural to stop by the county office and be sent off without anything, so there is a theory that he never stopped by the county office..Alternatively, there is a theory that he left Tono on the 26th..
Evaluation of works
In June 1910, 6 copies were printed by Imai Jintaro, printed by Kyorinsha, and published as self-published without a publisher..These are the same as those in "Gokarishiki," but they are sold at Shuseido (Tanaka Masuzō) as a place to sell them..The first issue was given to Sasaki, and the second issue was for Yanagida himself..Yanagida's previous work, "", did not sell very well, probably because it was difficult, but "Tono Monogatari" was able to recover almost all of the printing costs in just half a year. 200 copies were purchased by Yanagida and donated to his acquaintances.Shimazaki Fujimura,Tayama flower bag,Izumi Kyokawrote a positive review. For those who subscribed to Tono Monogatari,Ryunosuke Ayukawa,Minakata Kumagusu, Hashu Mizuno and others,Nikolai Nevsky, Tsunee Shibata, and Michitoshi Odauchi have subscribers.In particular, Akutagawa, who was 19 years old when he purchased this book, wrote in a letter to his close friend, ``I recently read the Tono language of Mr. Kunio Yanagida and found it very interesting.''At the time, it was accepted as a literary work of poetic prose about bizarre stories, while it was critically viewed by Katai Tayama, Toson Shimazaki, and others as ``luxury that pretends to be crude'' or ``a work that is nothing more than a hobby''. was also seen.
FolkloreIt has been highly praised for its ability to compile the story as it was heard, without any unusual alterations, and for its unique literary style.
The current paperback edition isShincho Bunko,Iwanami library,Kadokawa Sophia Library,Shueisha libraryReprint, first edition reprint book "Tono Monogatari Masterpiece Reprint Complete Works" (Japan Museum of Modern LiteratureSupervised, Released/Holpu, New Edition 1984) has also been reprinted.
Subjects and summaries
- present this book to people in foreign countries — Kunio Yanagida, “Dedication ‘Tono Monogatari’”
- In the Meiji era, when Japan's interest turned outward, Yanagita turned his attention to Japan's mountain villages at the opposite end of the spectrum. Since only the dedication is written in brush, it is believed that it was added at the final stage of bringing the fair copy to the printing house.
- I heard all about this story from Kagamiishi Sasaki, a person from Tono.Since around February of last year, XNUMX, I have been visiting from time to time at night and have been asked to write down what I have been told.Kagamiishi may not be a good talker, but he is a sincere person.He writes as he feels, not even one word or one word.I think there are hundreds of stories like this in Tono Township.We long to hear more.In mountain villages in Japan that are even deeper than Tono, there should be countless legends of mountain gods and mountain people.If you wish, tell the story and make the people of the plains shudder.Jinkatsu Wuhiro is the only one like this book. — Kunio Yanagita, "Preface 'Tono Monogatari'"
- Under the national policy of modernization, in the Meiji era, when every phenomenon is tried to persuade with a Western interpretation, there are still people in Japan who continue to live with the spirit of the past. Yanagida's idea of making it known to the society at the time is written.It is also a warning to some "flatlanders" living in urban areas who seem to deny the idea so far.Yanagita, who thought that indigenous peoples different from those who came to the archipelago still existed in the mountains, was enthusiastic about trying to substantiate the Yamajin theory..
- Story stage (1 episode)
- Geographical information about Tono, place names, and commentary on history.The western half of Kamihei County, Rikuchu, is an area surrounded by mountains that has become a basin.1889) To the 30th year of the Meiji era (1897), the old village was reorganized,Tono,Tsuchibuchi,Attached horse cow,Matsuzaki,Green bamboo grass,Kamigo,Kotomo,Twill,trout swamp,Miyamori,Tatsusobebecame 1 town and 10 villages.Until modern times, it was called Nishihei-gun, and further back, it was also called Tonoho.Tono-cho, where the government office was located, had the appearance of a small castle town centered on a fortified mansion called Yokota Castle on Mt.Legend has it that the land of ancient Tono used to be a single lake.AinuThere is also an etymology that the word "Tono" is derived from "To (lake)" + "Nup (hill)"..
- Kami no Hajime (2 episodes)
- The town of Tono is located at the Ochiai of the north-south river, formerly known as 6 ri, with a market held six times a month in seven valleys, 7 merchants from a distance of 70 ri (approximately 28 km) for trading, It was bustling with 1000 horses.There are mountains called Tono Sanzan in the surrounding area,Mt. Hayachinesan,Hexagonal cow mountain, Ishigamiyama (Ishigamiyama), there are myths about their origins.Long ago, when the goddess and her three daughters visited Tono and dwelled at the Izu Gongen in Kurinouchi village, the goddess gave her daughters her best dreams and gave her daughter a good mountain. told to giveIn the depths of the night, a spiritual flower descended from the sky and landed on her sister's breast. Got Hayachinesan.And the sisters got Mt. Rokkakuushi and Mt. Ishigami respectively.
- In the draft version, there is no description that each daughter was assigned a mountain in the dream, and it is thought that Yanagida added to the younger sister's act of depriving her sister of profit. ing. Mt. Hayachinesan is said to have played a role in the spread of the Hayachimine faith, as it is thought that a person who commits a robbery can obtain a miraculous effect by making a wish to avoid being discovered.Also, since these three mountains are the mountains where goddesses live, the people of Tono feared divine punishment, and women were forbidden to enter these mountains until before the war.There is also an anecdote that a shrine maiden once entered Mt. Isonokami because she was a Shinto priest, and it struck a chord with her.
- Yamato I (episodes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- spirited away (8 episodes)
- There are similar stories in various places about children suddenly disappearing at dusk, leaving traces of their lives intact.God hiddennarrative about.In Tono Monogatari, at a place called Kandopearunder the treeSandalsMy daughter disappeared, leaving theThirty years later, when her relatives were gathering at the house, she reappeared because her daughter, who had suddenly disappeared, wanted to see them all.She is said to have gone somewhere else.
- There are various possible reasons for suddenly disappearing from life in the village, such as bereavement of that person, wandering in the mountains and fields insane, or being attracted by an alien being or a person from a distant country..These stories were left behind in order to come to terms with the sorrow of those who were left behind and the suffering they couldn't give up, and in "Episodes 6" and "Episodes 7" it was explained that this phenomenon was caused by the mountain people. there is.Also, since one does not know what kind of dangers or unknown beings might be in places far away from human habitation, such stories have been used to admonish people about the safety of living in familiar places..
- Mother Killer (episodes 9, 10, 11)
- When I was young, Yanosuke KikuchigratuityAccording to a story that a person who was involved in the project encountered, on a thin moonlit night, he and his friends passed through the Sakaigi Pass, and when they reached a place called Oyachi, where white birch trees grow thick, they suddenly heard a cry from the bottom of the valley, "It's interesting!" It is said that (9 episodes)
- It is also said that one time, when Yanosuke Kikuchi was spending the night in the mountains where he had gone to pick mushrooms, he heard a woman's cry from afar.When he returned to her village, he found that her sister had been killed by her son at the same time she heard her screams. (10 episodes)
- Yanosuke KIKUCHI's younger sister lived in a family of only one child, and even though the son took a wife, the relationship between the daughter-in-law and the mother-in-law was not good.The daughter-in-law often returned to her parents' home and never returned, and her son, Magoshiro, gradually became insane, and finally decided that she should not let her mother live.Sicklestart sharpening.Her mother, who felt something unusual about this appearance, apologized, but Magoshiro did not listen.Her daughter-in-law also cried and rebuked her, but there was no island to attach to.By the time her sun goes down, her mother finally gives up,hearthI crouched down next to him and just cried.Her mother then screamed that Yanosuke had heard in the forest.His first blow was caught in the fire ledge of the hearth and didn't cut well, so I swung down at his right shoulder, but even this didn't lead to death.Hearing the commotion, the people of the village seized his son and handed him over to the police, but even then, his son ran wild and chased the policeman.Seeing her mother pouring blood like a waterfall, she begged, "If I can die without holding a grudge, Magoshiro should be pampered." It is said that no one did not.It is said that Magoshiro, who committed the murder, was released as a madman and returned home to spend the rest of his life. (11 episodes)
- In this story, we can see an example of compassionate motherhood in the content of the story, such as the mother who appeased her son even after committing a crime, and the villager who witnessed a series of disturbances..
- Grandpa Oto (episodes 12 and 13)
- In Yamaguchi, Tsuchibuchi Village, there lived an old man named Otozo Nitta, who was called Grandpa Oto by the villagers.He was nearly 90 years old, sick and ready to die.This old man knows the most about the lords of the mansions that dot Tono-go, the rise and fall of the houses in the village, the stories of songs that have been handed down from generation to generation, the legends of the mountains and the people who live in the depths of the mountains. However, the smell was so strong that no one dared listen to it. (12 episodes)
- Old man Oto was born into a good family, but he lost his fortune when he was young and tilted his house.Sweet SakeHe earns income by making and selling to people passing through Kaiki Pass, and he is loved like a father by those who pay for his money.Occasionally, when he had enough moneyHantenwearing a redhoodHe wore a kimono and went home dancing in the streets, but even the police did not blame him.When he was old he returned to the village, and all the childrenHokkaidoBecause I moved to Tokyo, I was left alone and lived a life like the 12th episode, in 42 (1909) died in the summer of (13 episodes)
- Oshirasama I (episodes 14 and 15)
- There is one old house in the village, this house is called Daido and enshrines the god Okunaisama.The image of this godmulberryA square piece of cloth with a hole in the middle is placed over it as a costume.On the 15th of the New Year, the villagers in Koaza gather to celebrate this.again,OshirasamaThere is also a deity that is also made from a mulberry tree and is sometimes enshrined with white powder on the 15th of the New Year.Every Daido house has a room with a single tatami mat, and if you sleep in this room, you will be kicked off your pillow, put on your body, picked up by someone, pushed out of the room, etc., and you will be able to sleep quietly. Can not. (14 episodes)
- Houses that enshrine Okunaisama are said to bring a lot of happiness.Mr. Abe, the head of Kashiwazaki, Tsuchibuchi Villagerice plantingwhen I was doingDue to the suspicious weather, he wanted to plant the rice as soon as possible, but he was worried that he would have to wait until the next day due to lack of manpower. offered.It was about lunchtime, so I looked around to get him to eat, but he had disappeared.After a while, he reappeared from somewhere and helped me remove the sag, so I was able to finish the rice planting on the same day.The master thanked him and invited him to dinner, but he did not show up even after dark.When I got home, I found small traces of mud on the porch, which ran through the house and ended in front of the Okunai-sama altar.When the master slowly opened the door of the altar, he found that the area below the waist of the statue of Okunai-sama was covered in mud from the rice field. (15 episodes)
- Consesama (16 episodes)
- ConsesamaThere are many houses that enshrineThe body of this god is very similar to Okomasama, and is made of stone or wood.Male genitaliaMany Okomasama shrines can be seen in villages, but recently the number has decreased.
- Consesama is a spirit that resembles a male genitalia with the kanji for Kinsei-sama or Kinsei-sama, and is said to have the power to exorcise evil spirits and evil spirits as a symbol of vitality, or to receive blessings such as matchmaking, fertility, and prayers for safe childbirth. thought and believed.Okomasama has been worshiped as a guardian deity of horses from the Tohoku region to the Kanto region, but there is also the idea that when it was first enshrined, it enshrined another deity..The famous Komagata Shrine in Tono, where there are many Komagata Shrines and a stone pagoda of Bato Kannon, is the Komagata Shrine of Tsukuumaushi, and it is said that this shrine was originally enshrined with Aozen Komagata Myojin during the medieval Asonuma period..The word ``sozen'' does not exist in the Yamato language, and Komagata Shrine in Mizusawa, which is the main shrine of Komagata Shrine, is a shikinai shrine that is also listed in the Engishiki Jinmyocho, and is the god of water, the god of the original mountain. It is said that it was enshrined.Due to this tradition, the original god of Komagata was related to the god of the mountain in the Ainu language that came from the north, but as the Ainu lost their influence from Ou, they lost their original meaning. There is also a theory that the divinity as a god of horses was given because of the necessity of being one of the leading horse-producing areas in Japan..Both of them are the same in that the male genitalia made of stone or wood are the divine bodies, but while Koncesama is mainly a female god, Okomasama is a horse god and has a different deity. From the 14th, 15th and 16th episodes of "Shuui", it is thought that Kizen SASAKI told Yanagida not a few of the traditions, but from Yanagida's way of thinking about folklore about sexuality, what was taken up in "Tono Monogatari" limited to very general.
- Zashikiwarashi (17 episodes)
- in the old houseZashikiwarashiIt is not uncommon for a god to live there.Most of them are children around the age of 12 or 13, and they sometimes show themselves to people.The other day, at a house called Kanjuro Imabuchi in Oaza Iide, Tsuchibuchi village,High schoolWhen my daughter, who was studying at the school, was returning home, she was surprised to encounter a male Zashikiwarashi in the hallway.At the house of Mr. Sasaki, who lives in the same village as Yamaguchi, when his wife was sewing alone, there was a rustling noise coming from the next room. However, after a while, he heard a snorting sound.It is said that the house where Zashikiwarashi lives has as much honor and fortune as he wishes.
- The rise and fall of the Magozaemon family (episodes 18, 19, 20, 21)
- Zashikiwarashi is said to be a girl child in some cases.It was said that there were two little girls, Zashikiwarashi, in the house of Yamaguchi Magozaemon in Yamaguchi, Tsuchibuchi Village. , I came across two strange girls walking across the street. The two seemed to be thinking about something, and when asked where the man came from, he answered that he came from Magozaemon's house in Yamaguchi.When I asked him where he was going, he answered the name of a wealthy farmer's house in a certain village, and the man thought that this was probably Zashikiwarashi, and that Magozaemon's house wouldn't be there for long.Soon after, more than 2 masters and servants were killed by mushroom poisoning at Magozaemon's house, and it is said that only his 2-year-old daughter, who was out during that time, survived. (2 episodes)
- One day at Magozaemon's house, they noticed a beautiful mushroom growing around the pear tree, and the men were discussing whether or not to eat it.Magozaemon advised them not to eat mushrooms that were too beautiful because they were poisonous.AsaThey said that if you turn it well with a stalk of a pineapple and eat it, you won't get hit, so everyone believed this and decided to eat it.Her daughter, who had survived, was so absorbed in her play that day that she did not return home for lunch, and she escaped danger.While those left behind were shaken by the sudden death of their master, there appeared one after another that they owed or made promises to their master during his lifetime, and from Magozaemon's family they received miso. It is said that this village was the first rich man, but it was destroyed in the blink of an eye. (19 episodes)
- It is said that there were various incidents before these tragedies occurred.servants were mowingHatatry to take outhoeWhen I was scraping it out, a big snake came out of it.The master, Magozaemon, ordered the servants not to kill the snake, but the servants did not listen and killed it without permission.Then, small snakes came out one after another from under the mackerel, and the servants killed them all for fun.With so many snakes, there was nowhere to throw them away, so the servants built a snake mound outside the mansion and buried the snakes there, but the number of buried snakes was as many as many bamboo baskets. It says. (20 episodes)
- Magozaemon was a rare scholar in the village, and was the kind of person who read Japanese and Chinese calligraphy from Kyoto.He thought that by getting close to the fox, he would bring wealth to his family.FriedHe was also said to be a bit of an eccentric, such as not forgetting to offer.It is said that Magozaemon became accustomed to foxes, did not run away even when approached, and became so tolerant that he even let him grab his neck at times. It is said that even though the Buddha did not make any offerings, he was often laughed at, claiming that he would receive more blessings than Magozaemon's fox. (21 episodes)
- Round charcoal collecting (episodes 22, 23)
- When Mr. Sasaki's great-grandmother died of old age.She finished putting her in a coffin, and her daughter, who had been divorced for some reason because she went mad, gathered at the house that day, and all her relatives were sleeping in the tatami room.It is customary to keep the fire going during mourning, so that night my grandmother and mother were in charge of the fire all night long in front of the hearth where I lived.When her mother was using a charcoal pan to add more charcoal, she heard footsteps approaching from her back door, so when she turned to look in that direction, the person who had entered must have died. was the great-grandmother ofThe kimono she wore was still the same as when she was alive, and when she walked toward the tatami room where everyone was sleeping and passed by the hearth where they were sitting, they couldn't raise their voices. Only the tori was spinning round and round.Her mother was a strong-willed person, so when she followed her great-grandmother as she passed by, she heard from the tatami room that her estranged daughter's "grandmother" had come. A loud scream was heard.Everyone who was asleep woke up to the voice, but they were just startled. (22 episodes)
- On the night of my great-grandmother's arrest on the 27th, acquaintances and relatives gathered together until late at night.Nembutsuwas givingWhen everyone had finished their business and started to go home, there was the figure of their deceased great-grandmother again on the stone at the gate.Her appearance was the same as that of her great-grandmother, so no one who saw her doubted her existence, but in the end no one knew why she was there. (23 episodes)
- Daido's House (Episodes 24, 25)
- The old family in the village is called Datong becauseDatongIt is said that it originated from the fact that they moved from Kai Province in the first year (806).Datong isSakaue Tamura Maro OfEzoIt is the age of conquest,Kai countryis the home country of the Nanbu family.Could it be that these legends have been combined to create this story? (24 episodes)
- It was the end of the year when the ancestors of Daido arrived here.QuicklyKadomatsuHowever, the new year ended before I could finish setting up one kadomatsu.Therefore, in these houses, one kadomatsu is turned down,sacred shrine ropeIt is said that it is a good example to pass (25 episodes)
- Enkichi Tanaka (26 episodes)
- The Abe clan, known as one of the rice fields of Kashiwazaki, is one of the leading old families in Tono.[Annotation 1], The predecessor of this family was a skilled sculptor, and many of the statues of gods and buddhas in the Tono area are made by this person.
- The head of the Tanaka family succeeded to the name Enkichi for generations, and the second generation Enkichi was also good at carving.Enkichi in the title is the XNUMXth year of culture (1813) was born in 26 (1893), and is believed to have been adopted from the Ishida family in Honjuku, Tsuchibuchi Village..Before the Meiji period, Jokenji invited Buddhist sculptors from Kyoto.Sixteen RakanIt is said that he mastered the technique of sculpting Buddha statues when he made the Enmei Jizo..The works of this artist include Yakushido in Yamaguchi, Tsuchibuchi Village.Twelve gods, at Jokenji TempleJizo Bosatsuof the Tanaka familyDoctor Yakushietc., and Jokenji TempleDeva statueAlso involved in relocation.It is not clear why the Tanaka family, who owns the name of the rice fields, called themselves the Abe clan..
- Ikebata's millstone (episode 27)
- The former owner of a house called Ikehata in Tono had some business in Miyako, and on his way home,Closed riverAround the corner, I met a young woman near the Haradai.The woman said, ``If you clap your hands at the pond in the middle of Mt. accepted the request.Even though he accepted the offer, he continued down the road with a sense of suspicion.Six partsRokubu read the contents of the letter and rewrote the contents of the letter, saying to his master, ``If you take this letter as it is, you will suffer a great disaster.''Holding this letter, the master clapped his hands in the swamp halfway up Mt. Monomi, and a young woman came out and took the letter.When the woman finished reading, she thanked her husband and handed him a small millstone as a token of her gratitude.This stone mill is a mysterious stone mill that produces a piece of gold when a grain of rice is put in and turned.However, the greedy wife was not satisfied with this, and tried to get a lot of money by putting in a lot of rice while her husband was away.Then, the millstone continued to turn on its own and sank into the puddle where the owner who was beside him had thrown away the water that he had offered to the millstone every morning, and disappeared from sight.The puddle later became a small pond, and the name Ikebata is said to have originated from this event.
- Yamato II (episodes 28, 29, 30, 31)
- Hataya no Nui (episode 32)
- There is a mysterious swamp in the mountains of Senbangatake.Perhaps because of the water that springs out from this swamp, the whole valley smells fishy, and it is said that no one has returned from the mountains.A long time ago, a hunter named Hayato found a white deer in the mountains.Hayato patiently waited for the deer day after day, and finally found it after a thousand nights.When he shot the deer, the deer ran away, but on the next mountain he broke one leg and returned to Senbangatake, where he finally died.For this reason, the mountain where Hayato waited for a thousand nights came to be called Senbangatake, the mountain where the deer broke its leg was called Katahayama, and the place where the deer died was called Shisuke.It is said that this white deer is enshrined as Shisuke Gongen at Shisuke.
- This story is the story of the origin of the three mountains, and the setting was Senbangatake, which is modern-day Mt. Senban in Kamaishi City. 'Nui' is sometimes referred to as 'nue' and is often mentioned in 'Shuui' and 'Kimimizoshi', and the tradition related to Hataya no ni, which is the subject of the title, is handed down to Hataya, a small character in Hosokoe, Kamigo-cho, Tono City..In this area, there is Hataya Kannon-do Hall, which is said to have enshrined ``Nui'' and also enshrined ``Kokurei'' that were killed.1678), it was purchased from a Buddhist sculptor in Kyoto, where Tokuro Kudo of Nakazawa Village visited the shrine, and was delivered on May 5 of the same year. is written.At that time, Takahashi Nuinosuke was 31 years old.In addition, there is a thousand night shrine in Kashi-cho, Kamaishi City, and according to its history, it was enshrined in the XNUMXnd year of Bunroku (1593), and there is a tradition as follows..
- Genbun XNUMXrd year (1738) The weaver received the order of the national guard and stayed in Mt. Sengan for XNUMX days. It is said that he will aim at the hooves of his swift feet and shoot them without hurting them, and will be dedicated to the defense of the country. — Kamaishi City Cultural Assets Report Vol.
- During the Middle Ages, Tono was on the border between the Nambu clan, who moved southwards to replace the Asonuma clan, and the Date clan, who was moving northwards..There were three battles between the former feudal lord Hironaga Asonuma and the new ruler Samanosuke Masuzawa and the Date clan (the battles of Hirata, Akabane-toge, and Kabasaka-toge). The border between Nanbu and Date continued to be tense over control of my friend's Akasaka Gold Mine..In response to this, a clan boundary mound was set up to clarify the clan boundaries, and Misakai Kojin was appointed..Genroku 10th year (1697), the ``Written Report on the Presence or Absence of Border Disputes in the Tono Territory'' includes the name ``Nuidono, a peasant who survives from Chokai Nagamine to Hikotoge Pass,'' among the seven ancients who appeared in Morioka. , the name "Nuiden" can be confirmed in the document.Alternatively, according to ``Misakai Ancient People's History Document'' in 1722, there are seven ancient people on the border of the Tono domain from Gorintoge in Otomo to Sennindo in Sennintoge. In it, a person named Rokuzaemon 7 was written, and both Nuinosuke Takahashi and Rokuzaemon Hataya were born in the first year of Keian (1648)..For these reasons, 'Peasant Nuidono', 'Takahashi Nuinosuke' and 'Hataya Rokuzaemon' are considered to be the same person..
- Mt. Senban is a mining area that is said to be a specimen of minerals, and the background of the founding story is "Hataya no Nui", which was deeply related to Mt. Rokkakuushi, Mt. Kataha, Mt. It is also thought that there may have been.
- Hakubozan (episodes 33, 34, 35)
- It is said that if you sleep in the open on Mt. Shirabo, the surroundings will become vaguely bright even though it is late at night.Or, even though it's also the middle of the night, there are times when you can hear the sound of chopping down trees or someone singing across the valley.In addition, when I went into the mountains to cut the grass in May, I saw a flower in full bloom in the distance.PaulowniaThere was a mountain where flowers were blooming, and many people went into the mountain to see the tree up close, but none of them could reach the place where the tree grew.Also, it is said that someone found a golden gutter and a ladle deep in the mountains and tried to bring them back, but they were too heavy to lift.I had no other choice, so I tried to scrape it off with the sickle I had with me, but the blade of the sickle just spilled out and I couldn't hurt it.There was no choice but to start over again, so he returned while scratching the tree, and the next day he took someone with him and headed for the place again, but it is said that he was unable to reach there again. (33 episodes)
- There is a land called Rimori on the mountain peak of Shirabo, and the place called Chojayashiki, which is a small letter there, is a completely unpopular place, but even in such a lonely place there are people who burn charcoal. there isIt is said that one night, a woman with her hair parted and left hanging long was peering into the charcoal-burning hut.Around here, it is not uncommon to hear women screaming late at night. (34 episodes)
- When Mr. Sasaki's grandfather's brother went to Mt. Shirabo to pick mushrooms and was sleeping outdoors at night, he saw a woman with long, disheveled hair running across the forest across the valley. I sawShe looked as if she was flying, but she disappeared immediately, but at that time she heard two voices saying, "Wait a minute." (35 episodes)
- Oinu (episodes 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
- in Tono狼This thing is called a dog, and so is the monkey's sutra, but the wolf's sutra is also terrifying.One rainy day, a child returning home from elementary school saw wolves crouching here and there on Mt. Futatsuishi near the village of Yamaguchi.From the front it looks like a newborn foal, but from behind it's surprisingly small.But nothing is more terrifying than the howl of a wolf. (36 episodes)
- It is said that in the olden days, people with money often encountered wolves between Sakaigi-toge and Wayama-toge.When crossing a mountain pass at night, there are usually about 10 people, and the number of horses pulled by each person is 1 or 5 to 6 at most, and the total number of horses is about 7 to 4. Become.One time, a group of people with money was attacked by 50 to 2 wolves. Avoid being attacked.Still, some wolves were trying to jump over the fire, so I untied the horse's leash and stretched it around. (300 episodes)
- An old man who lived in Otomo left for town and was on his way home.Hearing a wolf howl, the drunk old man tried to imitate the howl, and the wolf followed him, barking.The frightened old man hurried home, closed the door tightly and hid his breath, but the wolf howled all night long.After dawn, when he went outside, he found a hole had been dug under the foundation of the stable, and all seven horses had been eaten.It is said that the family started to decline after that. (7 episodes)
- It is said that when Kizen Sasaki was young, he and his grandfather saw a large deer lying on the cliff of a river near the village when they were returning from the mountains.The belly of the deer had been eaten open and steam was coming out of it, probably because it had just died.His grandfather said that a wolf must have done this, and that he wanted the deer's skin, but that the wolf was lurking nearby and watching, so he shouldn't take it. (2 episodes)
- A 9-inch (just over 40 cm) is enough for a wolf to hide in the grass.The wolf's fur also changes with the seasons as the colors of the plants change. (XNUMX episodes)
- When Kahei Sasaki of Wano went hunting in Oyachi across the boundary tree at the end of autumn when the leaves had fallen and the mountains were exposed.I saw hundreds of wolves running towards me from the opposite peak, so I got scared and climbed a tree to get past it. wasIt is said that since then, the number of wolves in the fields and mountains of Tono has decreased remarkably. (41 episodes)
- At the foot of Mt. Rokkakuushi, there is a place called Itagoya.One autumn, a person from Iide VillageXuanWhen I went to this place to harvest, I found three cubs in a cave, killed two of them, and brought back one.Since then, wolves have attacked the horses of Iide villagers without attacking horses from other villages.The troubled villagers of Iide decided to hunt wolves, and among them was a man named Tetsu who always boasted of his strength.When I went to the grassland to look for wolves, there were several wolves there.Tetsu quickly took off his Wapporo (work clothes) and wrapped it around his arm, thrusting it into the wolf's mouth, and the wolf bit his arm.Tetsu asked for help, but everyone was afraid to come closer, and Tetsu pushed his arm into the wolf's belly, and although the wolf died on the spot, Tetsu's arm bones were chewed and Tetsu died soon after. . (3 episodes)
- Bears and "Kuma" (43 episodes)
- There was a man named Kuma in Kamigo Village.One snowy day, when he and an acquaintance went hunting on Mt.bearI found the footprints of, so I decided to follow this.As the bear made its way up the ridge, he spotted it in the shadow of a rock.At that time, the bear threw away his gun and grabbed at him because it was already too close to hold his gun.An acquaintance tried to help the bear, but all he could do was watch him roll down the slope.Before long, it fell into the valley as it was, and since the bear was just below, I was able to take advantage of the opportunity to kill the bear.The bear did not drown, and although it had scars on its claws, it did not appear to be life-threatening. rice field.
- In this story, the bear is written as a strong man who survived a fight with a bear and survived almost unharmed, but there are some parts that differ from the contents of the newspaper article.According to Tono Monogatari, they entered Mt. Rokkakuushi with an acquaintance, but according to the Tono Shimbun, they consisted of seven or eight people led by Suematsu SATO during the Shinokiri season (the season when snow begins to fall from October in the lunar calendar). It is said that the group met on Mt. Kutsukake.Matsujiro, a farmer who was called a bear, was injured and couldn't even look at his eyes. At the time of publication, he was still in need of medical attention.Alternatively, according to the testimony of Kinsuke Takahashi, who lives in Matsujiro's neighborhood, although he was injured, he was not in a condition that required him to go to the hospital. It is believed that the
- Monkey no Futchi (Episodes 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
- There is a village called Hashino on the ridge of Mt.charcoalAmong the people who made a living by burning firewood, there was a man who was a very good flute player.One day, while lying down in the hut during the day and playing the flute, he sensed something at the entrance of the hut, so he looked over and there was a monkey named Kyodate.Surprised, he got up and slowly ran away. (44 episodes)
- Tsunetate, a monkey, likes women as well as humans, and sometimes kidnaps village women.Also, hairRosinBecause it is hardened with sand and sand is put on it, the hair鎧It becomes like, and the bullet of the gun does not go, too. (45 episodes)
- About 50 years ago, a man nearing the age of 10, who lived in Hayashizaki, Tochiuchi Village, went to Mt. Rokkakuushi to hunt deer.When the oki (deer flute) was blown to attract the deer, the monkey Kyodate appeared.Thinking that the sound of the flute was the roar of a deer, it opened its mouth wide and pushed its way through the bamboo to descend the peak. . (46 episodes)
- When admonishing children in Tono, they often tell them that Mr. Rokkaku Ushiyama's monkey sutra will come.There are so many monkeys on this mountain, and if you go to Obane Falls, you will find many monkeys on the tops of the cliffs.Some monkeys run away when they see people and throw nuts at them. (47 episodes)
- Sennin Pass is also home to many monkeys, some of whom enjoy throwing rocks at travelers. (48 episodes)
- Sennindo (49 episodes)
- Sennin Pass is 15 ri uphill and 15 ri downhill.hermitThere is a temple dedicated to the statue ofIt has long been customary for travelers to write on the walls of this temple the strange events they have encountered in the mountains.For example, when a person from Echigo encountered a woman in the mountains with her long hair on the night of what month and day, the woman looked at him and smiled.Or, it was written that he had been mischievous by a monkey, or that he had encountered three thieves.
- Actually, the distance from Kutsukake on the Tono side is slightly less than twice the distance from the Ohashi on the Kamaishi side, and strictly speaking, it is not the middle point..It is said that hermits live in this pass, and since the beginning of the Showa era, it has been said that if you take a group photo, one more person will appear in the photo..In the 10's of the Showa era, a temple that could withstand the rain and wind was dedicated by Senzo Ichikawa in Tono..
- Flowers Various Birds (Episodes 50, 51, 52, 53)
- On the mountain of death, MayCuckoo birdAround the time of the song, the kakko flowers bloom, and the women and children of Tono go to the mountains to pick them.If it is soaked in vinegar, it becomes purple,Acid syrupThere are times when you play by blowing like a nut, and it is a good pastime for young people. (50 episodes)
- A variety of birds inhabit the mountains, but the most lonesome cry is the otto bird.Coming from Otsuchi-cho on a summer nightgratuityIt is said that when people cross the pass, they hear it coming from the bottom of the valley.There is a reason for this cry, and it is said that when the daughter of a rich man once went to the mountains with a man she was close to, she lost sight of him when she noticed.Her daughter kept looking until nightfall, but she never found her, she turned into a bird at last, and she keeps looking with pitiful cries. (51 episodes)
- the horse chaserHototogisuIt resembles the , but is slightly larger, with reddish-brown wings, horse-rope-like stripes on its shoulders, and a snail-like shape on its chest.This bird also has a history: a servant of a wealthy man went to the mountains to release his horses, and when he was about to return, he found that one was missing.It is said that he wandered through the mountains all night looking for the missing horse, but could not find it, and eventually turned into a bird.It is said that horse-wielding birds make a call, "a-hoo," and in this region they make a similar sound when chasing horses.In addition, it is said that this bird occasionally comes to the village and sings, but this is considered to be a harbinger of a poor harvest. (1 episodes)
- It is said that Kaku and Tokidori were sisters in a previous life.One day, she roasted a sweet potato that her sister had dug, and ate the hard part around and gave the middle part to her sister.Then her sister thought her sister had the delicious part all to herself, so she got angry and killed her sister with a kitchen knife.Her sister turned into a bird, and she flew away with a cry of "ganko, ganko," which in dialect means hard part.Her sister realizes that her sister gave her the good It is said that (53 episodes)
- Heisei River's Weaving Fuchi (54 episodes)
- There are many pools in the basin of the Hei-gawa River, and there are many legends about them.There is a village called Kawai in Ochiai with Oguni River.斧I dropped theIn order not to lose his master's ax, the man dives into the pool looking for the ax, and as he approaches the bottom of the water he hears a noise. I discovered something.When he looked into the house, he noticed that a beautiful girl was weaving inside, and that a dropped ax was leaning against her weaving table.When asked to return her ax, the woman turned around and said that she was the daughter of a wealthy man who had died two or three years earlier. "I will return the ax, so don't tell anyone that I am here. If you promise, I will increase your fortune," said the woman. It is said that he became rich enough to have.For a while he lived his life forgetting about the woman, but one day, on his way out to town, he happened to pass by the pool, so the man couldn't help mentioning it to his friend who was with him. The story spread throughout the village, and from that time on, the family business began to decline, and in the end, it is said that he returned to the life of serving under the rich man.This story reached the ears of the choja, who, wondering what he thought, had someone pour hot water into the pool, but the pool remained unchanged without any particular change.
- Kappa (episodes 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)
- Gun shooting (episodes 60, 61, 62)
- Old Kahei of Wano VillagepheasantWhen I was waiting at the pheasant hut to shoot the pheasant, the pheasant came, but each time a fox appeared and chased it away.Kahei hates foxes and decides to shoot them.The fox looks at him and looks cool, so he takes aim and pulls the trigger, but the gunpowder does not ignite.I was so nervous that I removed the muzzle, and found that the barrel was filled with dirt before I knew it. (60 episodes)
- Kahei is said to have met a white deer when he entered Mt. Rokkakuushi.The white deer is said to be a messenger of the gods, and it was believed that killing it would inevitably bring a curse.The white deer that I shot doesn't even move even though I'm getting a good response, so I feel uneasy. Don't move.As expected, he felt suspicious, and when he approached and confirmed it, it was a white stone that resembled the shape of a deer.It is said that someone who has made his living as a hunter in the mountains for several decades should not have made such a mistake. (61 episodes)
- Kahei also said that he once encountered a person wearing a red monk's robe in the mountains at night.I didn't have time to build a hut in the mountains at night, so I was sleeping under a suitable big tree with a sanzu rope around me and a gun in my hand. It flapped its wings and flew to the top of the tree.Kahei braced himself and fired his gun, but that person flapped its wings and left somewhere.He had three terrifying encounters, and each time he thought about quitting hunting, and even made a wish to his tutelary deity. It says. (62 episodes)
- Mayohiga (Episodes 63, 64)
- A certain Miura family in Oguni is now the richest man in the village, but two or three generations ago it was a poor family.The wife of this house was a sloppy person, but one day she went up the river flowing in front of the corner and went up to the mountain.butterburWhen I went to pick it up.She didn't have very good butterbur, so when she went deep into the mountains, she noticed that there was a splendid house with a black gate in the mountains.Although she was skeptical, she entered the house and found that there were red and white flowers blooming in the large garden, and many chickens were roaming free.If you go around the back of the house, there are many cows in the barn and many horses in the stable.However, there was no sign of anyone anywhere.Wondering if there were any family members there, her wife headed towards the entrance and found a large number of fine dining bowls in vermillion and black in the back room.火 鉢でiron kettleEven though the water was boiling, I still couldn't find any sign of people.The thought that this might be the dwelling of a mountaineer terrified her wife, and she hurriedly left the place.She got home safely, so she tried to tell people about the incident, but no one believed her.The other day, when I was washing dishes in front of the corner, a very beautiful bowl came to me and my wife picked it up.Though she is a beautiful bowl, she thought she would be scolded for being dirty if she tried to use it as tableware.Millet) was used to measureSince then, Kesene has never disappeared, and the Miura family has become as prosperous as it is today.In Tono, this kind of mysterious house in the mountains is called Mayohiga, and it is said that Mayohiga will appear to bestow wealth on those who come to it, and that those who end up there will bring home something from their home, whether it be livestock or tools. .In the case of this wife, it is said that the bowl voluntarily drifted up to her because she was selfless. (63 episodes)
- Kanazawa Village, located at the foot of Shirabo, is particularly deep in the mountains in Kamihei County, so there are very few people coming and going. Six or seven years ago, a man who went from this village to a house in Tochiuchi Village to be married, came across Mayohiga on the way back to his parents' house.I had just heard about the state of the houses, how there were many livestock such as cows, horses, and chickens, and how the red and white flowers were blooming.As I had heard, when I entered the house, I found a room with a small table, a hot iron kettle in the tatami room, as if it were a cup of tea, and a toilet with people. It even felt like I was standing.Although I was stunned for a while, I gradually became scared, and when I turned back, it was a village in Oguni.I tried telling this story in Oguni, but no one believed it. I went in, but when I went to the place where the gate was supposed to be, there was nothing, and I didn't hear that my son-in-law had become rich. (6 episodes)
- Legend of Abe (episodes 65, 66, 67, 68)
- Hayachine is a granite mountain, and on this mountain there is a rock cave called Abegajo in a place facing the direction of Oguni.Located in the middle of a steep cliff, it is a place where people cannot easily reach, but it is still here.Abe no SadatoIt is said that the mother ofIt is said that in the evening when it is likely to rain the next day, you will hear the sound of the rock door being closed, and the people of Oguni and Tsukumagushi sometimes say that it will rain tomorrow because they hear the sound of Abegajo's locks being locked. It says. (65 episodes)
- Similarly, there is a rock cave called Abe Yashiki at the entrance of Mt. Hayachinesan near Tsukiumaushi, and Mt. Hayachinesan is a mountain related to Abe Sadato.At the entrance on the Oguni sideTaro YawataThere are three mounds where it is said that vassals who died in battle were buried. (3 episodes)
- There are many other legends about Abe Sadato, and there is an open place in the mountains about 2-3 ri from Yamaguchi on the boundary between Kurihashi Village and Tsuchibuchi Village, which was once called Hashino.The area is called Sadato, has a marsh, and is said to be the place where Abe Sadato once rested his horses and set up his encampment. (67 episodes)
- In Tsuchibuchi Village, there is a family that is a descendant of Abe Sadato, and the moat around the house is still filled with water, and many swords and harnesses are left behind.The head of the family is Yoemon Abe, and he is a member of the village council.There are many descendants of Abe Sadato other than this house, and there is also one near the Abekan in Morioka.At the bend of the Kogaruse-gawa River, there is a place where Taro Hachiman set up his camp, and on the way from here to the town of Tono, there is a small hill called Mt. Hachiman, where Sadato Abe set up his camp. It says.These places are about 20 towns apart, and there is a place name called Nitagai, which is thought to have been named after a series of battles, or the Asharai River, which supports the legend of arrow battles. An arrowhead has also been excavated from it. (68 episodes)
- Oshirasama II (episodes 69 and 70)
- In Tsuchibuchi Village, there were two houses called Daido, and the owner of the Daido in Yamaguchi was Mannojo Ohora, and Ohi, who was his adoptive mother, was in good health even after she was over 2 years old.She is Kizen Sasaki's grandmother's older sister, and she is said to have been good at magic.Kizen Sasaki is said to have seen her curse to kill a snake and drop a bird perched on a tree.The story told by Ohide is as follows.There was once a poor peasant who had lost his wife early, but had a beautiful daughter and a horse.Her daughter loved this horse, and she said that at night she slept with it, and at last she and him became husband and wife.Her father also noticed something strange, and when he found her with her one night, he became disgusted with the horse. Oops.When she found the horse missing at night, her daughter questioned her father, and when she learned what had happened, she ran to the mulberry tree, Clinging to her, she burst into tears.When the father saw her figure, his hatred increased again, and when he cut off the hanging horse's head with an ax, the horse's head, together with his daughter, went up to heaven.Oshira-sama was a god born at this time, and an image of him was made from a mulberry branch on which a horse was hung.Three statues were made, and the one made from the original part is called Anegami and is located in Daido, Yamaguchi.The one made in the middle is said to be in the house of a person named Gonjuro Zaike in Yamazaki, and the one made in the lower part is said to be in Tsukumagushi village as a sister god. (80 episodes)
- Okunai-sama is a god who always accompanies Oshira-sama in homes, but there are also homes where Oshira-sama is alone without Oshira-sama.In addition, the shape varies from house to house. In Odo in Yamaguchi and Abe in Kashiwazaki, it is a wooden statue, but in the house of Tanie Toseki, it is a hanging scroll. (70 episodes)
- Hidden Nembutsu (71 episodes)
- In Ohi, he was an ardent believer in Nembutsu, but his faith was different from that of many people.Although he preached his teachings to his followers, he strictly forbade them to speak to their parents or children.In addition, he had no affiliation with temples or priests, and was a gathering of laypeople only.The number of believers was not so large, but among them was the name of Tanie Tokuseki.On the day of Amida Buddha's memorial service, they gathered in a hidden room and prayed in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep.Because of their mastery of magic and curses, the villagers feared them as authority figures.
- Kakurasama (episodes 72, 73, 74)
- Aza Kotohata in Tochiuchi Village is further upstream from a tributary of the Kogaruse River, and there are about five houses in a deep mountain stream, about 5 ri from the village of Tochinai.There is a mound at the entrance to Kotobatake, and above it is a seated wooden statue called Kakurasama.It is said that it used to be kept in the hall, but now it is exposed to the rain.Children in the village use it as a toy and drag it around the road or throw it into the river.It is said that there were people who scolded and admonished the child for such treatment, but it is said that they were cursed instead. (2 episodes)
- There are many Kakurasama wooden statues not only in Kotobata but also in Tonogo.Some people testify that there was one in Nishinai in Tochinai, and another in Odo in Yamaguchi.No one believes in Kakurasama anymore, and the carvings are poor and the shape is unclear, so the details are not well known. (73 episodes)
- There are two large and small Kakurasama in Tochinai, Nishiuchi and Odo, and there are 2 to 3 in Tsuchibuchi Village.Both are half-length wooden figures,SwordAlthough it was roughly scraped in , I can understand that it is a human face.Kakurasama used to be the name of the place where the gods rested when they traveled, and it is said that the name of the god who was always in that place came to be called so. (74 episodes)
- Rich man's mansion (episodes 75, 76)
- Until a few years ago,MatchThere used to be a wooden shaft factory, but there was a woman who would appear at the door every night and would laugh wildly when she saw people.Eventually, the factory got spooked and moved to Yamaguchi.However, this time, in the evening, a laborer disappeared somewhere, and even when he returned, he continued to be stunned.There were four or five people like this, and they were still going on.It was also the same that everyone had no memory for a few days after coming back. (4 episodes)
- Choja-yashiki is a place where a choja used to live, and there is a mountain called Nukamori, which is said to be the origin of the rice bran of the choja's house.Five leaves on this mountaindepressing treeThere is a tree growing there, and there is a legend that gold is buried under it, so it is said that you can sometimes see people looking for the tree.I wonder if this rich man made his fortune by mining gold.
- Ghost story about the Tajiri family, family (episodes 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83)
- When Chozaburo Tajiri, the richest man in Tsuchibuchi Village, was about 40 years old, he decided to attend the funeral of the son of Ohide Grandma.The others had finished saying the nembutsu and had already left, but Chozaburo was a talkative person and stayed a little later than the others.It was already night outside, but when I left the house, I saw a man sleeping on his back with a pillow made of a rain drop stone from the eaves.He was apparently a man I had never met, a moonlit figure on his knees, his mouth sluggishly open, and kicking with his feet, but he would not budge, apparently dead. seems to beChozaburo straddled it to return home because it was blocking the way.When he went back to the place the next morning, he found that the stone he had been using as a pillow remained as he remembered it, but there was no trace left of him, and no one had ever seen him. I didn't. (77 episodes)
- Long ago, Chozo of Yamaguchi, who was an apprentice to the Tajiri family, met a man wearing a snowcoat from the beach in front of the gate of the Tajiri family on his way home from a night out.When I approached it, the person stopped, and when I thought it was suspicious, the person disappeared to the field across the road.After confirming that there must have been a hedge there, Chozo became frightened and told his master that he had jumped into the house.According to the story I heard later, at that time, a person from Shinbari fell from his horse on his way back from the beach and died. (78 episodes)
- Chozo's father was also named Chozo, and he and his wife had served in the Tajiri family for generations.Chozo, who had also gone out for a night out, came home not too late in the evening, and noticed that there was a figure in the stable with his arms folded and the cuffs of his kimono sleeves hanging down.I can't see his face very well, but when I approached him to see if it was a night crawler who came to my wife's usual place, instead of running away to the back, he approached the entrance, which made Chozo angry. entered the house through the front door, which was only open about three inches.Chozo didn't find it strange, but when he went inside, he was immediately frightened by the fact that the shoji was closed properly. He clung to his feet and looked down at Chokura.His neck hung low, almost touching the Chozo, and his eyes seemed to protrude more than a foot.Chozo said that he was simply frightened, but if you were to ask whether this was a harbinger of something, it was nothing in particular. (3 episodes)
- To fully understand episode 79, it is necessary to draw a diagram of the Tajiri family's floor plan.All houses in the Tono area are built in the same way.The gate of the Tajiri house faces north, but it is generally facing east, near the horse stable in the diagram.The gates are called locks, and the houses are surrounded by fields with no walls or fences.Between the master's room and Tsunei, there is a small, dark room called the Zato room, where the Zato waits when called for a banquet. (80 episodes)
- A man named Mankichi Maekawa, who lived in Aza Nozaki in Tochinai, died two or three years ago at the age of 2. In June, when I went out to play at night and returned home, when I came to the corner from the mouth of the gate along the moss, I saw a cloud wall for some reason, and it stuck to the cloud wall with a pale face. There was a man sleepingMankichi was so surprised that he felt sick for a while, but this was no sign of anything else either. (3 episodes)
- Marukichi of the Tajiri family was familiar with Mankichi Maekawa, so he heard about the events that Mankichi experienced, but Marukichi also encountered mysterious events.When Marukichi was a boy, when he was in his habitual residence, when he entered the tea room to go to the toilet, there was a person standing on the border between the tatami room and the tatami room.Although his clothes were faintly blurred, the stripes on his clothes, the hanging hair, and the features of his eyes were clearly visible. I hit my hand.He couldn't even see his outstretched hand, though he couldn't touch it, only a shadowy figure overlapping his hand.He returned to his habitual residence, told him about the incident, and went to check on the paper lantern, but there was already nothing there.Marukichi was a man of modern thinking, and he was not the type to lie. (82 episodes)
- The layout of the Daido and Mannojo Daihora houses in Yamaguchi is slightly different from the other houses, so I will explain the layout.The entrance faces east and is extremely old.There is also a kudzu basket that is said to be cursed if you take it out and check it. (83 episodes)
- Westerners (episodes 84, 85)
- Mr. Sasaki's grandfather, Manzo Sasaki, passed away three or four years ago at the age of 3. When this Manzo was young,KaeiBy the time of the 1848th century (1854-XNUMX), the coastal areas were already heavily populated by Westerners.KamaishiAlso(I.e.There is also a Western-style mansion in Funakoshi Peninsula, and Westerners are said to have lived beyond the Funakoshi Peninsula.Jasokyowas secretly promoted, but even in Tono there were people who were crucified after their faith was exposed.It is said that there were quite a lot of mixed children with Westerners in the coastal areas.
- In Kashiwazaki, Tsuchibuchi village, although both parents are Japanese, the hair and skin are the same as those of Westerners.ShirakoThere is a house with twoHe is said to be 2-26 years old, engaged in farming at home, and his speech is sharp and sharp, unlike the local people.
- Shirumashi (episodes 86, 87, 88)
- In the center of Tsuchibuchi Village, there was a 36 to 37-year-old man named Masa who made a living as a tofu shop.Masa's father was seriously ill and was on the verge of life and death. In the evening, Masa's father appeared and said, I said hello to everyone and helped with the hall.In the evening, the work was finished, and my father went home with everyone.Later, when everyone who rushed to pay his respects compared the story, it was said that his father had passed away at the exact time on that day. (86 episodes)
- When a wealthy family in Tono was ill and on the brink of life or death, he visited the family temple.The priest served tea and treated him politely.After finishing small talk, when he was about to leave, the monk sensed something suspicious and decided to have the monk follow him, but the man disappeared when he turned the corner after leaving the gate.After that, when I checked it, the tea I served was spilled where the man was sitting.On the way home from the family temple, there was another person who saw this man and exchanged greetings with him, but this man died that evening, and it is said that he was no longer able to go out. (87 episodes)
- A similar story has been handed down at Joken-ji Temple in Tsuchibuchi, Tsuchibuchi Village.A villager met an old man on the way from the main inn.I had heard that this old man had been more ill than before, so I asked him when he had gotten better. .At Joken-ji, the priest greeted the old man and after talking with him for a while, he had a little boy follow him as he left, but he lost sight of him just outside the gate.In addition, it is said that the tea that was served was spilled between the tatami mats, and that the old man had died that day. (2 episodes)
- Mountain God (Episodes 89, 90, 91, 92, 93)
- Kikuzo and the Fox (94 episodes)
- Kikuzo of Wano had some business with his older sister in Kashiwazaki, and was on his way home after being treated to a feast.On his way home after putting the rest of the rice cakes in his pocket, he met a good friend named Toshichi of Zotsubo after passing the forest at the foot of Mt. Atagoyama.Toshichi invited Kikuzo to take part in sumo wrestling, and Kikuzo agreed.However, when he tried sumo wrestling, Toshichi was very weak today, and Kikuzo felt better because he could throw it as he wanted, and before he knew it, No. 3 was also sumo wrestling.When Toshichi said that he had nothing against Kikuzo today, he left without hesitation.Kikuzo, who was relieved by the afterglow of victory, advanced about 4 or 5 more meters, and before he knew it, he noticed that the mochi he had received had disappeared.He hurriedly returned to the place where he had wrestled earlier, but could not find it, and realized that it had been tricked by a fox. Four or five days later, he met Toshichi at a liquor store, and when he told him about this, he was told that Toshichi had business at the beach that day, so he could not be there.Later, when everyone got together on New Year's Day and had a big drinking party, everyone would take turns telling stories about how they had been turned into foxes. When he saw it, everyone laughed.
- Mysterious garden stone (episode 95)
- A 43-44-year-old man named Kikuchi of Matsuzaki had a hobby of going into the mountains and collecting plants and interestingly shaped stones when he had free time.One day he went to the mountains as usual and found a rock he had never seen before.It was a beautiful rock with a shape and size that looked like a standing person. It was a weight that I had never experienced before.Although it was difficult, he walked for about 10 yards, put a stone by the side of the road to take a rest, and when he sat down to lean on it, he was attacked by a strange feeling as if he was floating in the air with the stone. rice field.Beyond the clouds was a bright and refreshing place, where all kinds of flowers were blooming, and the voices of many people could be heard from nowhere.The rock continued to climb, and at the top the man lost consciousness.Waking up a short time later, the man was still in his original position, leaning against the rock.From this experience, Mr. Kikuchi gave up on bringing back the rock because he didn't know what would happen if he brought it back, but he says that he still gets the urge to bring it back from time to time.
- There is also a story about a rock with spiritual powers in the Shui, a story about a rock that couples shouldn't go through, a story about Haguroiwa, where growth was compared, and a story about a rock that makes milk come out when a nun becomes an Ishigami and visits it. and so on.
- Fire no Shirumashi (episode 96)
- Until the year before last, Tono was 35 or 36 when he was an idiot named Yoshiko.IdiocyThere was a manThis man had a habit of picking up pieces of wood and rubbish on the street, picking them up and smelling them.He would also, as he walked down the street, stop suddenly, throw rocks at the houses around him, and cry fire!The stoned house caught fire that night or the next day, and the same thing happened so often that the stoned house took good precautions, but in the end it escaped the fire. I didn't have a house.
- The whereabouts of the soul (episode 97)
- It is said that when a man named Matsunojo of Iide was in critical condition suffering from a cold, he suddenly found himself on his way to Kiseiin, the family temple.When I put a little pressure on his legs, his body floated in the air and glides forward down the height of a person's head, and it feels very comfortable.When I approached the gate of the temple, many people were gathered, and when I went through the gate, I saw a red flower in full bloom.mustardAmong the flowers, there was the figure of my dead father.My father asked me, "Did you come too?" I replied, and when I went further, I saw my son, who had died long ago. He was asked, "Dad, are you here too?" So when I tried to approach him, "Did you come here?"As he did so, he would hear a loud voice calling his name from around the gate.It is said that his relatives gathered and tried to make him regain consciousness by throwing water on him.
- It is a so-called near-death experience story, and many similar stories are also taken up in "Shuui".Consistent with the standard form, elements such as floating in the air, encounters with bereaved families, and beautiful scenery are confirmed..
- Stone Pagoda (98 episodes)
- In Tono-go, you can see many stone pagodas carved with the names of mountain gods, rice field gods, and cold gods at junctions of old roads and borders of villages. You can also see stone pagodas engraved with the names of Mt. Hayachinesan and Rokkakuushiyama, but these are more common on the beach.
- A village in the early modern period consisted of about 10 households, and these gathered to hold lectures such as Koshin and Nenbutsu.Stone pagodas are believed to have been built to protect the barriers of the village and to pray for safety. There are 1900 stone pagodas in Tono City, and nearly 3000 if Miyamori Village is added.There are 22 stone pagodas inscribed with the names of Mt. Hayachinesan and Mt. Rokkakuushi in Tono and Miyamori, while 60 have been confirmed along the coast of Iwate Prefecture. .
- Tsunami (99 episodes)
- A man named Kiyoshi Kitagawa, who served as a deputy mayor of Tsuchibuchi Village, lives in Azahiseki, and the house has been passed down for generations.YamabushiHis grandfather was Shofukuin, a scholar who wrote many books and contributed to the village.Fukuji, Kiyo's younger brother, went to Tanohama on the coast to meet his son-in-law, but in 24 (1891) Large(I.e.I lost my wife and children in 2, and even after that, I built a hut on the site of my house with my two surviving children and lived there for about a year.One early summer evening, I was standing in a lavatory away from my hut and walking along the beach where the waves were crashing, when I noticed a man and a woman approaching through the fog.Realizing that the woman was his wife, whom he had lost in the tsunami, Fukuji involuntarily followed her and followed her to the Misaki Cave, which leads to Funakoshi Village.When she called out her wife's name, the woman looked at her and smiled, and when she looked at the man, the man also died in the tsunami. He was a man from the same village. "I'm with this person now," her wife would say, so when she asked, "Isn't the baby cute?"She didn't seem to be talking to a dead person, but just stood there with her eyes lowered at her feet. I lost sight of it.After chasing him for a bit, he reconsidered that he was a dead man and stopped chasing him any further.However, he stood on the road until dawn and thought about various things, and even after that, Fukuji was troubled and suffered for a while.
- The Story of the Kaigandori Fox (episodes 100 and 101)
- Late one night, on the way home from Kirikiri with his companions, a fisherman from Funakoshi ran into his wife by the stream near Shijuhachizaka.However, the man stabbed the woman in the back with a magiri (small knife), saying that her wife would never come to such a place at such a night and that she was being deceived by a monster.The woman died with a sorrowful voice, but the man was dismayed at the fact that she would not reveal her true nature to her party, and he left the place to his companions and hastened home.At home, the wife was waiting for her husband without incident. He says he woke up in the middle of nowhere.The man who understood this story returned to Shijuhachizaka and said that the woman he stabbed to death turned into an old fox in front of everyone. (100 episodes)
- A certain traveler was looking for a place to rest as it was late at night after passing Toyomane Village.Luckily, the lights were still on at the house of an acquaintance who was passing by, so when I asked him if he could stay the night, the owner said, ``I have a person who died in the evening, but I was in trouble because I didn't have anyone to ask. I'll ask you for a while," and went to call someone.The traveler felt that there was nothing he could do about the inconvenience, so he sat down on the hearth and tried to smoke, but at that moment, he was very surprised when an old woman who seemed to be deceased suddenly stood up.He was chilled, but when he calmed down and looked around, he noticed that a fox-like creature had put its head through the kitchen water spout and was staring at the old woman.The traveler quietly went outside, turned around to the back door, and found that it was a fox, so he killed it with a stick that was there. (101 episodes)
- Little New Year event (episodes 102, 103, 104, 105)
- On the night of the 15th of the New YearNew yearOn the evening of this day, it is customary for children to form groups of four or five and go from house to house shouting, ``The god of fortune has flown in from the dawn,'' and receive rice cakes. called.However, it is said that the god of the mountain comes down to the village after the evening, and no one in the village leaves their homes.When a 4-5-year-old woman named Masa, who lived in Azamarukodachi, Yamaguchi, was 35-36 years old, for some reason, she went out alone to the god of fortune and went around the houses and was late.When she was walking alone on a lonely road, a man with a red face and shining eyes came across her. , she said she suffered. (12 episodes)
- On the night of the Lunar New Year, or on the night of the full moon in winter even if it is not the Lunar New YearSnow womanis said to bring many children.In winter, the children of the village go to the nearby hills and enjoy sledding, and often get so carried away that they end up playing until nightfall. Although it can be reprimanded, there are few stories of actually encountering a snow woman. (15 episodes)
- There are many events on the night of the Lunar New Year.One of them iswalnutThere is an event called ``Tsukimi'' that predicts the weather for the year using . Break the 6 walnuts into 12 pieces, put them into the oven at the same time, take them out and arrange them in a line.It is said that on a full moon night, the walnuts are always red when the moon is clear, when the moon is cloudy it quickly turns black, and when the moon is windy, the fire sways with a whoosh sound.No matter how many times it was repeated, it was decided that any house in the village would get the same result, and if the weather turned bad on the day of rice borrowing, the borrowing of that year would be advanced. (104 episodes)
- Similarly, there is an event called 'Yonakami' on the night of the Lunar New Year.First, with several kinds of riceKagami mochiand lay the rice flat on the table.Place the rice cake on top of the rice and cover it with the pan.It is said that the more rice grains attached to the kagami-mochi the next morning, the better the harvest. (105 episodes)
- Mirage (106 episodes)
- In Yamada Town, which faces the Pacific Ocean,mirageIt is said that the scenery is always foreign scenery.It's a city you've never seen before, with many horse-drawn carriages on the roads, and the shapes of the buildings you see don't change every year.
- Divination of the Mountain God (episodes 107 and 108)
- There is a house called Kawapuchi's house on the bank of the Hayase River in Kamigo Village, and when a young girl was picking up stones in the river, a tall, red-faced, unfamiliar man appeared and handed her leaves. rice field.Since then, her daughter has become able to do fortune-telling, and it is said that the man was a mountain god and became a child of the mountain god. (107 episodes)
- There are people in various places who practice fortune-telling, such as being possessed by the god of the mountain.SawingMagotaro of Kashiwazaki was one of them.Magotaro used to be said to have gone mad and fainted, but one day, it is said that he entered the mountains and obtained a technique from the god of the mountain. It is said that it became like this.The method was different from that of other people, without looking at any books or the like, and while making small talk with the person who asked, suddenly stood up and walked around the habitual residence, without even looking at the other person's face. It is a method of telling what comes to mind, but strangely enough, it is said that it does not go unnoticed.I was told that if I didn't take out a mirror or a broken sword buried under my house, people would die or the house would burn down, so I went back and dug in the designated area. It means that things will come out exactly as they say. (108 episodes)
- Rain Wind Festival (episode 109)
- In order to ensure that the harvest can be completed safely around the time of Bon, there is a custom called the Rain Wind Festival, where straw dolls taller than a person are erected at road junctions.Paste the face drawn on paper,melonIt is also used to represent male and female genitalia.Dolls are also made for the Mushi Matsuri event, but this is a simple, small doll made only of straw.On the occasion of the Rain Wind Festival, a head house is selected from one village, and after everyone gathers and drinks, they go to place the dolls while beating drums and flutes, or singing songs.The lyrics are ``We will celebrate the rain and wind of the XNUMX days, whichever direction, the northern direction will be celebrated''.
- Gongesama (110 episodes)
- Gongesama is a carved wooden statue resembling a lion's head that is attached to each Kagura dance group, and is considered to be very beneficial.It is said that the Gongesama of Hachiman Shrine in Shinbari and the Gongesama of Tsuchibuchi Itsukaichi once fought in the middle of a firefight. remains.Gongesama is said to be especially beneficial in firefighting, and the following story has been left behind.One year, the Hachiman no Kagura group went to Tsukuumaushi village, and when they were looking for an inn at night, a poor family member willingly accepted the request.Gongesama lays down a five-sho-masu on top of it, and when everyone is resting, he hears the sound of someone chewing on something in the middle of the night.It is said that when everyone got up in surprise, Gongesama jumped up and ate the fire that had spread to the eaves.Children with headaches may ask Gongesama to bite them.
- Dannohana Denderano Jauzuka Mori (episodes 111, 112, 113, 114)
- Yamaguchi, Iitoyo, Tsukeumagyu character Arakawa, Tozenji Hito, Aozasa character Nakazawa, Tsuchibuchi village character Tsuchibuchi have place names called Dannohana, and next to them there is a place called Denderano.It is said that in the old days, it was customary to drive all elderly people over the age of 60 to this dendelano.The old man couldn't simply die, so he went down to the village and engaged in farm work during the day.Therefore, in the Yamaguchi and Tsuchibuchi areas, it is said that going out to work in the fields in the morning is called Hakadachi, and returning in the evening is called Hakaagari. (111 episodes)
- Dannohana is said to be the place where prisoners were killed in the old days when Yamaguchikan was in existence.Yamaguchi and Iide are almost the same, they are located on a hill on the border of the village, and Sendai has a similar place name.Dannohana in Yamaguchi is located on the hill leading to Odo, and continues to the ruins of Yamaguchikan.Denderano is surrounded by a stream, and the eastern lowland is connected to Dannohana, and the southern part is called Hoshidani.There is another place in Yamaguchi where stone tools and earthenware have been unearthed, and it is called Houryo.Items unearthed from Hoshiya have simple patterns and the raw materials used are not stable, but those excavated from Horyō have elaborate and skillful patterns, and the material is uniform. (112 episodes)
- There is a place called Jozuka Forest in Wano.It is said to be a place where elephants were buried, but it seems to be a grave where people were buried.This area is known to be less affected by earthquakes, as it is said, ``If there is an earthquake, escape to the Jozuka Forest.''There is a ditch around this mound, and a large stone rests on top of the mound. (113 episodes)
- Dannohana in Yamaguchi is now a cemetery, with a tree on the top of the hill, and the entrance facing east like a gate.There is a large blue stone on the site, and someone once dug under it, but found nothing.However, when I dug it again later, I found a large bottle.However, the old people of the village got very angry that it was the coffin that held the owner of the mansion and had it put back.Nearby there is a mansion called Bonshasa, which draws water from the mountains and is surrounded by three and four fold moats.There are also place names such as terayashiki and Toishimori, and there is also a splendid stone wall that is said to be the site of a well.In addition, it is detailed in the Tono Kojiki that the ancestors of Magozaemon Yamaguchi, who appeared in episodes 18 to 21, lived here. (114 episodes)
- Once upon a time (episodes 115, 116, 117, 118)
- Lion dance song (episode 119)
In "Tono Monogatari", not only anonymous characters, but also many characters with real names appear.There are many anecdotes about people around Kizen Sasaki, Yamaguchi Village, where his parents live, and people in nearby Oaza.
Genealogy related to "Tono Monogatari"
|(Chokuro Don)||Kikuchi (Haneto)||(Kitagawa)||(Uraku)|
|Chozaburo Tajiri||Kitagawa Masafuku|
|Tokuishi Tanie||Marukichi||Kakuzo||Kojiro||Toraku Kamenosuke|
|(From Great Cave System)|
|(On the family register, Chosuke's son)|
|(Otokura family)||(Daito)||(Zenemon)||(Kanjuro Don)|
|Nitta Iwazo||Toyoharu Sasaki|
|(To Hokkaido)||(adoptive heir)|
People of Yamaguchi
- I encountered a mountain woman holding a toddler at Nekodate (episode 4).Kizen SASAKI's 'Enjo Kimon' contains the same story as that of Manjiro Oshita, but the details of both stories are unknown..
- Yanosuke Kikuchi
- In the book written with a brush, it is mistakenly written as Magonojo..I heard a human voice in Oyachi (Episode 9).While picking mushrooms in a remote area, she hears her sister scream as her son kills her (episode 10).
- Otozo Nitta (?-Meiji 42 (1909))
- Commonly known as Otsujii.People from the 3rd Chiwariji Minamisawa.Kizen Sasaki's grandfather Manzo's wife Noyo's younger brother.It was from an old family, but it fell into disrepair, and on top of a mountain passSweet Sakeand often went out to the village and drank sake (episode 13).His son Toranosuke was Tokizo Oohora and Mr. Segawa.HokkaidoCame out in.
- Ichi Sasaki
- Kizen Sasaki's mother.While she was doing her needlework at home, she heard the noise of Zashikiwarashi (episode 17).
- Michi Sasaki(Bunka 7 (1810)-Meiji 9 (1876) February 2)
- Kizen Sasaki's adoptive grandfather Manzo's mother.She appeared on the night of the coffin and the night of the 22nd (episode 23, XNUMX).childhoodKappa(episode 59).
- Yamaguchi Magozaemon
- An old house in the 3rd land division.Inariand worshiped the fox (episode 21).After a villager witnessed Zashikiwarashi leave the house (episode 18), the family was devastated by mushroom poisoning, leaving a 7-year-old girl (episode 19).Her baby girl was named Mina, and she was adopted from the Ohora family, and the family survived..Graves and wells remain at the site of the mansion.
- master of the haneto
- About Kakunojo Kikuchi.Kiyoshi Sasaki's family's upper neighbor and friend of his grandfather Manzo and Chikuma.andA tenguEncountered (29 episodes).
- Ohora Mannojo
- House in Datong.He possessed an ancient document stating that there was a curse (episode 83).He made a fortune on his own money, but fell into decline due to the recession..
- Ohora Hide
- Ootou Mannojo's adoptive mother.She is Kizen Sasaki's grandmother's older sister.She is well versed in magic, and she tells what happened in the village (Episode 69).Hidden Buddha(71 episodes).
- Haneishi Tanie (5 - 1858)
- His real name is Tani Maruko Ritsu..Has a hanging scroll of Okunaisama (episode 70).
- Chozaburo Tajiri
- The rich man next door to the Ohora family.On the night of her son's funeral, she saw a man who looked like he was dead on a rock under the eaves (Episode 77).
- long storehouse
- A servant of the Tajiri family.He saw the ghost of something in Shinbari Village (episode 78).His father, also named Chozo, also encountered a ghost (episode 79).
- Marukichi Tajiri
- When I went to the toilet at night, I encountered a ghost (episode 82).
- A person from Marukoritsu.On the way back from the god of fortune, he encountered the god of the mountain (episode 102).
People of Tochinai
Former Tsuchibuchi village Oaza Tochinai, current Tono city Tsuchibuchi town Tochinai.
- Kahei Sasaki (March 12, 1815 - June 3, 3)
- Residents of 56 Wano (23 Tochiuchi, Tsuchibuchi-cho).I met a mountain woman and a mountain man in the mountains (episode 1).
- Yutaro Sasaki (Kouka 4 (1847) July 7-Taisho 7 (10))
- Kahei's son.confused with his father in the text.pheasantThe fox interfered with the hunt (episode 60).He misunderstood the stone as a white deer with a hexagonal cow (episode 61).I also witnessed something in the shape of a monk flapping its red robe (Episode 62).
- Mr. Kawakubo
- In the main text, it is "House of a certain person who is Matsuzaki".His son-in-law ran into Mayoiga on his way back to his parents' house in Kanazawa Village (episode 64).
- Mankichi Maekawa
- People from Aza Nozaki.He saw a man with a pale face on the cloud wall (episode 81).
- Kikuchi Kikuzo
- People from Wano.blower.The child fell ill, and on the way to bring back his wife, the mountain god announced the child's death (episode 93).Encountered a fox disguised as his friend Toshichi Zoutsubo (episode 94).
People of Kashiwazaki
oldTobuchi VillageOaza Kashiwazaki, now Kashiwazaki, Tsuchibuchi-cho, Tono City.
- Abe Bakuro
- The head of Kashiwazaki.He was helped by Oshira-sama in rice planting (episode 15).In the text, it is referred to as a rice paddy house, but it is actually the name of the Tanaka family in Kashiwazaki..
- Enkichi Tanaka (8th generation)(Around Bunka 10 (1813)-Meiji 26 (1893) April 4)
- A sculptor of statues of gods and buddhas (episode 26).In the text, it is called Mr. Abe in the rice field, but it is the trade name of the Tanaka family, and the engraver is also the Tanaka family..An old family in Kashiwazaki whose ancestors were sumo wrestlers, the 8th Enkichi was adopted from the Ishida family in Tsuchibuchi Honjuku..Yakushido storehouseTwelve godsimage,Jokenji TempleWarehouseJizo Bosatsustatue, storehousefollowing godStatue, Tanaka family collectionDoctor Yakushistatues, etc. are known.
- Magotaro Abe (Bunkyu 2nd year (1862)-Taisho 6th year (1917))
- Although he was a madman, he acquired mind-reading and fortune-telling techniques from the mountain god (episode 108).
People of Iide
Former Tsuchibuchi Village Iide.Present-day Iitoyo, Tsuchibuchi-cho, Tono City.
- Imabuchi Kanjuro
- He is the 63rd person in Miyazawa, and is the home of Kizen Sasaki's adoptive father, Kumezo..High schoolA daughter on her way home from school encountered Zashikiwarashi in the hallway of her house (episode 17).
- A person who boasts of strength.He was attacked by a she-wolf while hunting wolves, and although he took revenge, he also died (episode 42).
- Matsunojo Kikuchi
- suffering from cold sores,Near-death experience(97 episodes).
People of Tsuchibuchi
Tsuchibuchi, former Tsuchibuchi Village, now Tsuchibuchi, Tsuchibuchi-cho, Tono City.
- Abe Yoemon
- In a house that flourished long ago,Abe no SadatoThey are called descendants (episode 68).
- A tofu shop in Tsuchibuchi Village.His father appeared as a ghost in Shimotochinai on the day he died from illness (episode 86).In addition, most of the main innFull-time farmerSo, I was making homemade tofu for an annual event..
People of Tono Town
oldTono Town, the center of present-day Tono City.
- Mr. Ikehata
- Rice miller on Chuo-dori, Tono City.A letter was entrusted to a young woman at the edge of Haradai (episode 27).
- bird gozen
- SouthernBaronServed the houseFalconer.He was kicked to the bottom of a valley by a mountain man and died of illness three days later (episode 3).It is thought to be Katsushi Okidate of Shinyashikicho..
- Yoshiko Idiot (?-Meiji 41 (1908))
- in TonoIdiocy.He threw stones at the houses and shouted, "Fire!"
People of Kamigo Village
oldKamigo Village, present-day Kamigo-cho, Tono City.
- farmer's sewing
- In the text, "What kind of hunter is Hayato?"He shot down a white deer (episode 32).
- Matsujiro Hataya
- Common name is bear.He was attacked by a bear with a hexagonal cow, but survived (episode 43). There is an article in "Tono Shimbun" No. 13 (November 39, 11).
- Kawapuchi no Uchi
- A daughter received a leaf from a mountain god on a river bank and acquired divination (episode 107).
People of Matsuzaki Village
oldMatsuzaki Village, present-day Matsuzaki-cho, Tono City.
- Kawabata House
- She gave birth to Kappa for two generations in a row (episode 2).
- Some Kikuchi
- His hobby is gardening, and he encountered a strange stone in the mountains (episode 95).
People outside Tono
- Some Miura
- Miyako CityOguni No. 6 Chiwari No. 87.His wife ran into Mayoiga (episode 63).It should be noted that currently, the Miura family is told as a gossip in the village, not as an incident in the house..
- Fukuji Kitagawa (1860-4)
- Younger brother of Kizen Sasaki's paternal grandmother Chie.Yamada TownI went to my son-in-law,Meiji Sanriku TsunamiI lost my wife and children in , and I met my late wife a year later (episode 1).Fukuji took his second wife from Otsuchi-cho, and his descendants ran a fishing business in Tanohama.. 100 years later, Fukuji's great-grandsonGreat East Japan Earthquakelost my mother in.
Appearing place name
- Yoshibei of Yamaguchi village encounters a mountain woman (episode 4).
- Fuebuki Pass
- Aozasa-cho, Tono City andKamaishiBoundary of Hashino Town.Because mountain men and mountain women appear frequently,Sakaige Pass(Episode 5).Kaiki Pass is actually closer.
- Nuka no Mae
- Large letters of Aozasa village.The rich man's daughter was spirited away (episode 6).
- Mt. Goyozan
- A girl who was spirited away in Kamigo village is found at the waist of a mountain (episode 7).
- cold door old ladyStage (8 episodes).In fact, there is no such place name in Matsuzaki Village, and it is said that it may be Kofukuji Aza Noboto in Matsuzaki Town..
- Valley near the top of Kaiki Pass.Yanosuke Kikuchi heard a voice calling him from the bottom of the valley (episode 9).Kahei Sasaki encounters a pack of wolves (episode 41).
- Remaining bridge
- Yamaguchi village bridge.Zashikiwarashi was spotted leaving the Yamaguchi Magozaemon family (episode 18).
- Haradai no Fuchi
- Miyako Cityin the abdomenClosed riverabyss.Mr. Ikebata was entrusted with a letter to a young woman (episode 27).
- Mt. Hayachinesan
- Tsukebaushi VillageWhen the hunter was clearing the way, he encountered a priest (episode 28).Some of Oguni village encountered a big man (episode 30).
- chicken head mountain
- Also known as Mae-yakushi, Tengu was said to live there (episode 29).
- Kamaishiof.Hataya Nui chased a white deer and shut himself up for a thousand nights (episode 32).
- The place where Hakushika was shot by Hataya no Nui and broke one leg (episode 32).
- death assistance
- The mountain where the white deer died (episode 32).After that, Hakushika was enshrined as Shisuke Gongen, and now the mountain is simplyMt. GongenyamaIt says. of MayCuckoo birdWhen the cries, the parenthesis flower (Cypripedium) bloomed (50 episodes).
- Mt. Shiromi
- Tono City,Otsuchi Town,Kawai Villageboundary.It sometimes became dim at midnight (episode 33).Kizen Sasaki's grandfather's brother witnessed her woman (episode 35).
- Elderly mansion in remote forest
- 7 Jiwarikoto field 1, Tochinai, Tsuchibuchi-cho.A woman was often sighted in a remote place (episode 34).PhosphorusThere used to be a shaft wood factory, but it was moved to Yamaguchi because a woman was coming out (episode 75).
- An elementary school student saw a dog on top of a mountain (episode 36).
- Obaya, board hut
- Itagoya is the current Fuefuki Ranch, and Obaya is the forest in front of it..A wolf hunt was held by Iide people (episode 42).
- Hexagonal cow mountain
- A man named Kuma from Kamigo Village was attacked by a bear and survived (episode 43).A certain person from Hayashizaki, Tochiuchi Village, encounters a monkey named Keitachi (episode 46).
- Rokkuromi Gold Mine
- Sumiyaki encounters the monkey Tsunetate (episode 44).
- hermitThere is a hall where the statue is enshrined, and a traveler wrote on the wall the strange things he encountered in the mountains (Episode 49).It fell into disrepair after the opening of the tunnel, and the hall was relocated to Saeda, Kamigo-cho..
- machine weaving deep
- Oguni RiverFuchi at the confluence point with the Hei River.A servant of a Kawai village chief encounters his master's deceased daughter (episode 54).
- abyss.is reported (episode 58).
- Abega Castle
- A rock located between Mt. Takahashi and Mt. Hayachine.Abe no SadatoIt is said that his mother still lives there (episode 65).
- Abe Mansion
- A rock cave at the trailhead from Tsukuumaushi (Episode 66).location unknown.
- The mountain that forms the boundary between Tsuchibuchi and Hashino.It is also said to be the place where Abe Sadato chilled his horse, or the ruins of the Jinya (episode 69).
- Hachimanza House
- Kamon Nitagai
- It is said that when Taro Hachiman saw porridge placed here, he said, ``Is it boiled porridge?'' (chapter 68).
- Ashiraga Village
- It is said that Taro Hachiman washed his feet in Narukawa (episode 68).
- Character of Tochiuchi village.There was a shrine of Kakurasama (episode 72).
- In Shimotochi
- Masa's father in Tsuchibuchi Honjuku appeared to help with the construction at the time of his death (episode 86).
- Mt. Atagoyama
- A mountain between Yamaguchi and Kashiwazaki.Wano no Kana encounters a mountain god (episode 89).
- The mountains of Matsuzaki village.Some villager was pushed away by the mountain god (episode 90).
- Mt. Hayachinesan
- About 15 villagers of Tsuchibuchi village encountered the mountain god (episode 92).
- XNUMX slopes
- KirikiriからFunakoshicoastal area up to.A fisherman in Funakoshi encounters a fox disguised as his wife (episode 100).
- Yamada Town. Every yearmirageis said to be visible (episode 106).
- Place names in Yamaguchi, Iitoyo, Tsukeumagyu Arakawa, Tozenji, Hito, Aozasa Nakazawa, Tsuchibuchi Tsuchibuchi (episode 111).It is said to be the place where prisoners were cut long ago (episode 112).Currently a cemetery (episode 114).
- lotus field
- It is said that there is always a place name near Dannohana.An old man was abandoned here (episode 111).
- Is it Hosoya?.Many stone tools are excavated (episode 112).
- Inside Yamaguchi.Stone tools, earthenware, round balls, and tube balls are unearthed (episode 112).
- Jiyauzuka Forest
- In Wano.It is said that the place where the elephant was buried will not shake even in an earthquake (episode 113).
- ^ The ancestor of the Tanaka family was a sumo wrestler named Genemon Takinoue, who became a member of the Nanbu family and was recognized when he was in Morioka, and became a sumo wrestler in Edo.Although he was very strong, it is said that he returned to his hometown to take over his family business partly because of the envy of other sumo wrestlers.
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.23
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.33
- ^ a b The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.22
- ^ a b The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.23
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.27
- ^ The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.20
- ^ a b c d The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.18-19
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.15
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.65-69
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.19-20
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.23
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.24
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.25
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.31
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.32-34
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.37
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.38
- ^ a b Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.40
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.19
- ^ Kunio Yanagida's Tono Journey P.68
- ^ a b The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.32-33
- ^ a b The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari P.33
- ^ a b Commentary Tono Monogatari P.28
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.64
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.32-34
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.34
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.41
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.50
- ^ a b c Commentary Tono Monogatari P.70
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.75-76
- ^ a b Commentary Tono Monogatari P.91
- ^ a b c Commentary Tono Monogatari P.94
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.92
- ^ a b c d Commentary Tono Monogatari P.26
- ^ a b Commentary Tono Monogatari P.136
- ^ a b Commentary Tono Monogatari P.138
- ^ a b c d Commentary Tono Monogatari P.137
- ^ a b Commentary Tono Monogatari P.139
- ^ a b c Commentary Tono Monogatari P.168
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.294
- ^ Commentary Tono Monogatari P.372
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.56
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.
- ^ a b Jomin University (1997) p.77
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.79
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.97
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.111
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.104
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.105
- ^ Walking Map of Yamaguchi Village
- ^ a b Jomin University (1997) p.132
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.217
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.218
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.248
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.308
- ^ a b Jomin University (1997) p.53
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.204
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.84
- ^ a b c d Jomin University (1997) p.121
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.96
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.267
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.124
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.275
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.135
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.201
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.205
- ^ a b Jomin University (1997) p.300
- ^ Haruna Okuyama "The Great East Japan Earthquake: A Story from 116 Years Ago, To My Daughter"Mainichi Newspapers August 2012, 3, two morning editions
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.58
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.68
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.72
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.142
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.152
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.168
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.177
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.208
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.303
- ^ Jomin University (1997) p.332
- Edited by "Commentary on Tono Monogatari"Soichiro GotoSupervision,Chikuma Shobo, February 1997.ISBN 4480857540.
- "Colloquial Translation of Tono Monogatari"Soichiro GotoSupervision, Seisuke Sato colloquial translation,Kawade Shobo Shinsha, February 2013.ISBN 9784309021584.
- "You can understand from the map and synopsis!Tono Story”Kunihiro ShimuraSupervision,Seishun Publisher, February 2013.ISBN 9784413044066.
- Masami Ishii "Illustrated World of Tono Monogatari"Kawade Shobo Shinsha, February 2000.ISBN 4309726445.
- "Kunio Yanagida's Travels to Tono", September 2003.ISBN 4838290624.
- '92 World Folktale Expo IN Tono
- Tono City Museum and Library
- Tono Story Hall
- Tono Monogatari (Movie)(1982) Director:Tetsutaro Murano
- The story of Shigeru Mizuki's Tono
- Eleventh Visitor of the Night
- Tono Cultural Research Center - An organization that conducts research on Tono culture and trains storytellers.Norio Akasakaserves as the director.
- Protection of Cultural Landscapes - Tono City - Tono City
- "Tono Monogatari"(National Diet LibraryDigital collection)
- "Tono Monogatari": new characters new kana - Aozora Bunko
- Drama Sequel Tono Monogatari - NHK Broadcast HistoryA drama commemorating the XNUMXth anniversary of the publication of "Tono Monogatari".Set in the present age, it consists of two stories, "Mayohiga" and "Soaking".